things to consider

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricevil

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm looking to buy a used rm50 next week. the guy seller sent some pics and it seems to be in good shape. its selling with a blackface(older silverface?) plexi and XTC modules.

just wondering if theres anything i should keep my eye out for? D03WBA161 is the head serial number. is the older blackface any good, should i mod it? also are there any known issues with older rm50 heads? thanks for any help. i have an rm20 and love it but really want an extra slot and the 6l6 tone!!

blako

Make sure all teh controls work...and the reverb...get him to show you the bias circuit working (both tubes) ...

The 03 in the serial number means made in 2003. A quick check to do
is, with nothing plugged into the input, turn everything up. You should get
a lot of hiss from the higher gain mods. Then, rap all over the top of the amp with your knuckle, fairly hard, and see if something starts humming or making a lot of noise. It's normal to hear a little something, but it should not continue.

Never hurts to ask how old the tubes are.....I usually figure in replacing the tubes into the price anyway!