Two Notes Torpedo Live!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Got one on the way right now...Can't wait to run my RM100s at level and record silently!!! I toyed with one at another studio, came home and ordered one immediately..Insane...

It takes the full load of the amp and gives you an amazing signal...Not a peep to wake the neighbors...Or you can run right through it and get the best of both...

Note to neighbors: Sorry, I will be doing both...

Two-Notes-Torpedo-Live1.jpg

Those look really nice. The price isn't so nice. I saw the demo video with the M$ and it sounded really good. For us po foks, 2 Notes offers a free software version that does el34 into a Marshall 4x12. I just downloaded it but haven't tried it out yet.

http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-pi-free/

ricknasty1985 said:
I knew you would slowly go digital... Haha :)

One step at a time right!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this only lets "digital" in after the entire amp has been used...The cab/mic saga is one I hate...Literally HATE...I constantly have a revolving door of my favorite combos and they always change...I find myself constantly going back to the same tracks and re-recording them through different cabs and different speakers...It makes forward progress really hard when you perseverate on such a silly nuance...

In the end, I will reluctantly (and temporarily) give that job to the digital gods at Two Notes...I don't use an ***-FX ( :wink: ) to tell me what kinda amp I'm playing...I will not give preamp or power amp control to the 0s and 1s just yet!

:twisted: :twisted:

guitarzan said:
Those look really nice. The price isn't so nice. I saw the demo video with the M$ and it sounded really good. For us po foks, 2 Notes offers a free software version that does el34 into a Marshall 4x12. I just downloaded it but haven't tried it out yet.

http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-pi-free/

Very spendy for a set of IRs and a power soak...Agreed...

I got it at a very good price used and just hope it lives up to the hype even 65%....If it does, I'm happy...If it does more...I'm stupid happy...

If it does less, well...You know...I guess I'm just

Gentlemen. This is an amazing, mind-blowing, awe-inspiring piece of gear...

:shock:

I like having a working "digital cab" and that is exactly what this is for me...I have an RM100 (called "The Mothership") that feeds right in and every mod can sound fantastic...

At first it seemed it made drastic changes and crazy tones...But once I learned to use it a bit I realized its true greatness...It didn't take too long to reproduce my current tone and within minutes I had several usable variations of it to record with...I am still in the honeymoon and don't see the cabs going anywhere but this is a great studio piece fo' sheezy...

I can see the allure of the digital products as this sounds great...But my true love of tube amps does not yet allow me to do so...

Mattfig said:

I like having a working "digital cab" and that is exactly what this is for me...I have an RM100 (called "The Mothership") that feeds right in and every mod can sound fantastic...

At first it seemed it made drastic changes and crazy tones...But once I learned to use it a bit I realized its true greatness...It didn't take too long to reproduce my current tone and within minutes I had several usable variations of it to record with...I am still in the honeymoon and don't see the cabs going anywhere but this is a great studio piece fo' sheezy...

I can see the allure of the digital products as this sounds great...But my true love of tube amps does not yet allow me to do so...

Hi there!

Thank you for this great feedback. Please know that we are there for you if you have any questions about the Two Notes products.

Cheers!

Romain_G said:
Mattfig said:

Hi there!

Thank you for this great feedback. Please know that we are there for you if you have any questions about the Two Notes products.

Cheers!

Cool you are here! Welcome Romain!

There's one model that comes with a whole lot of effects and Amp models! I think they call it AxeFX mkII :lol:

Mattfig said:
Anomaly said:
There's one model that comes with a whole lot of effects and Amp models! I think they call it AxeFX mkII :lol:

I tried one of those but couldn't figure out where the tubes went so I just threw it away.... :p

I absolutely love my Axe FX's. I also absolutely love my MTS...

There's nothing wrong with having it all :)

Oh and Figgggg, for the record... I have an old Marshall 8100 on the way, I'm pretty sure they were solid state or like maybe 1 tube? Hahaha pure thrash/death. Can't wait to mess around with it!

Thinking of selling a fully loaded RM1250 on the bay, wonder if it will appeal to anyone or even if there are many people in Sydney even into MTS

ricknasty1985 said:
Mattfig said:
Anomaly said:

I tried one of those but couldn't figure out where the tubes went so I just threw it away.... :p

I absolutely love my Axe FX's. I also absolutely love my MTS...

There's nothing wrong with having it all :)

Oh and Figgggg, for the record... I have an old Marshall 8100 on the way, I'm pretty sure they were solid state or like maybe 1 tube? Hahaha pure thrash/death. Can't wait to mess around with it!

Thinking of selling a fully loaded RM1250 on the bay, wonder if it will appeal to anyone or even if there are many people in Sydney even into MTS

Saw your listing bro...Still have 12 left from my count so I won't go after ya yet....:)

For the record, I am not a tube snob and find a few solid state amps work very well for the tones they produce...Quality is quality whether it's FX, tubes, amps, cables, etc...AxeFX, Kemper, all good...If it makes you smile when you play- it's for you...Just being a smartass...

I am seriously just waiting to see if Fractal or Kemper take control of the market before I dive into all digital again...I really dig running a tube pre and tube power amp into a sim...But I know those two units produce some killer tones already...I just want to buy the right one and both would be silly...:)

felineguitars said:
I was just watching a clip from one of my forum friends using the Torpedo live.
Sounded great
http://youtu.be/LFNTcCvujs4

Romain - how well would it work straight from a preamp like the Egnater m4 or Randall RM4

God, this is embarrassing, I thought I would see the updates for this post but it seems I just missed your question, way back then...
My apologies.
So, in case nobody actually answered that, the Torpedo Live works greatly with preamps too. If you only use a preamp and have no need for an actual amplifier (and therefore for a loadbox behind it), we have designed the C.A.B. for you: same motherboard as the Live, it just doesn't have a loadbox inside.
Pete Thorn has demoed it for us here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mn9116AxiE

Cheers!
Romain