Ultimate Rush Module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm crazy here but I was thinking it would be nice to have a specific Rush module with a few switches to go from one era of Lifeson tones to another, to another? Anyone want to create one?

I know of a module supposed be in the works through Scott, it's still in R&D though - message him and he could shed some light :)

Ya, Scotts work sounds amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if he could do something up for me. I want it totally Rush specific, with well labeled switches, so I can quickly jump from Working Man, to Xanadu to Limelight to La Villa Strangiato to Driven, etc. Just looking for input and I'll send a money order to the highest bidder. :)

JD said:
Ya, Scotts work sounds amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if he could do something up for me. I want it totally Rush specific, with well labeled switches, so I can quickly jump from Working Man, to Xanadu to Limelight to La Villa Strangiato to Driven, etc. Just looking for input and I'll send a money order to the highest bidder. :)

Thanks a lot for the kudos! I have a mod in R/D right now that will get you some Rush tones. As for adding the older tones that would take some time for testing and tweaking. The other thing is, that I have a lot of work happening right now and finding time for new developments has proven to be difficult.

Having said that, I am very close to releasing a new mod based on two different Rivera amps: TBR/M100, and Knucklehead.

:D

Ya, I don't even know if it's possible to cover Lifeson's ever changing tone with one module but it would be cool if someone could get it close for me.

JD said:

That's a VERY tough order.

Alex used a Marshall 1959 with a Les Paul on all of the records up until Farewell to Kings, when he began using the Roland Jazz Chorus with a 335. He used that combo up until Signals, when he switched to Strats and various solid state amps including the Roland and the GK's.

I think your best bet is two modules. Did Anthony ever create a Roland Jazz Chorus module? I thought there was some discussion at one point.

Also, Alex began using generous doses of stereo chorus and flanger beginning with Permanent Waves. IMO, there is no "one" Alex tone.

HughJasol said:
I'm pretty sure on the last concert I saw on Paladia that Alex was using a Hughes & Kettner rig . . . :?

Yeah, he's been using HK rigs since the 90's.

Ok, maybe leave out Alex's more modern tones...if that makes it any easier.

SacredGroove said:

Having said that, I am very close to releasing a new mod based on two different Rivera amps: TBR/M100, and Knucklehead.

:D

Funny that I see this right in the middle of doing some recording with my M100.

During Farewell to Kings thru Moving Pictures he also used a Hiwatt. Limelight sounds exactly like my Dr-504

AdInfinitum said:
During Farewell to Kings thru Moving Pictures he also used a Hiwatt. Limelight sounds exactly like my Dr-504

Interesting. I think it sounds exactly like a 335 through a Roland JC-120 with the gain channel cranked and the stereo chorus on.