Upcoming JF EV3 video - Last question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
For anyone interested in hearing something particular in the upcoming EV3 video- I am finishing shooting this weekend...

It will be a bit different as I'll be using it in an actual recording of my band and showing it off in that light...You know, with music and without - with full band and vocals, etc...Also included will be my standard walkthroughs and second-year-of-kindergarten humor...

Your suggestions are welcome but are appreciated as soon as possible...This forum is up most of the time I'm working- which is a lot...I'll be sure to check in any requests as I can....

Thanks!

Also, here's a link to the Trilogy of videos from crankyrayhanky that will give you more than enough reason to buy the module already...
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=16096

what he said.. i think this is the big question... can it approximate the blue and red channels and how much of the green clean to light crunch can it do?

PS- don't be afraid of the treble..i swear you dial it back in your mixes when you know you love it, crave it, and need it....

Really looking forward to the full mix. A couple VanHalen licks over some knob spinning with the classic Fig humor would be great!

Kapo_Polenton said:
what he said.. i think this is the big question... can it approximate the blue and red channels and how much of the green clean to light crunch can it do?

PS- don't be afraid of the treble..i swear you dial it back in your mixes when you know you love it, crave it, and need it....

I spent about 2 years with the 5153 as my main rig and I can't get the 5150III green cleans out of my mod. To me, the green channel is like playing a stock JTM module. I shouldn't comment on the blue channel as I hated it on my EVH. The JF mod's high gain nails it!

Matt- I'd love to hear some melodic solo's and leads on the module.

Definitely what Ross said, some melodic (perhaps harmonized) leads Ala In Flames, or something like that. A small deviation from your typical format but one that might rock ***...might I suggest that during knob-turning, say Crunch mode. Dial in a good tone then show it in a mix. Tweak further, engage a switch or two...Bam! Straight to a mix (like the ones you normally close with, just spread throughout with different flavors in the relevant spots of the vid)

This is the moment millions of people regret when a year later they see their quirky little idea sell for millions on Blue Screen commercials at 2AM

I spent about 2 years with the 5153 as my main rig and I can't get the 5150III green cleans out of my mod. To me, the green channel is like playing a stock JTM module. I shouldn't comment on the blue channel as I hated it on my EVH. The JF mod's high gain nails it!

Interesting, the blue channel is what people rave about and is the sound Ed generally plays on before hitting the red for his leads. Is it wrong to assume that the EV trilogy simulates more the igher gain tones of the 5150 series? or does the mid sweep pot allow it to be dialed back to the blue channel? I have heard the red channel is a little more scooped.

How about something in 2/4 and some dancing? :wink: Entertain me, my life is so bland.

gag halfrunt said:
drewiv said:
How about something in 2/4 and some dancing? :wink: Entertain me, my life is so bland.
How about a nice minuet?
:D

Whole Lotta Sonata - Paul Gilbert. :shock:

Seriously, I'd be happy with some VH simple riffing. Give me the basic ins and outs... and dancing.

2/4 would be nice considering the Fig is (I'm assuming) Polish. I'm German and Slovak, take us to the old country. Nothing like a heavy metal polka! \m/

Show off the versatility... I'm alone... and have been drinking. :lol:

OK, so here's the last update...

The song I've chosen is a pop-rock song...Before I get blasted about it, I LOVE how this mod sounds in that light so the studio part will NOT be a la In Flames...I had to choose something and I think the heavy side of the module will be displayed more than enough in the other parts as well as through Ray's vids...Ray has also been kind enough to send me some of the music he recorded so that I can display it within the video for additional perspective...

The knob-spinning walkthrough section will have a better guitarist than I playing some VH and some heavy riffage...Might do one melodic solo piece too since that's been a request...

Any last suggestions? The minuet was already included but since gag had to ruin the surprise I'm going double speed polka...

Mattfig said:

Any last suggestions? The minuet was already included but since gag had to ruin the surprise I'm going double speed polka...

homer-simpson-doh-gif-i4.gif