update on my problems switching channels on RM100 head......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephman

Reaction score
Firstly, thanks to everyone who's tried to help me with this on this and the gig mod forum. I'm still trying to sort this out (and I WILL :evil: ). The story so far:

I recently purchased a used Randall RM100 head and have now been trying to get the midi footswitch to work for 2 weeks in vain. I initially tried with a Boss GT6 pedal board and 3 days ago purchased a new RF3 footswitch (for AUD$229.00 / US$180.00!!!!). Unfortunately this did not work either and I've been reading / writing in every thread I can find in the net regarding this and yesterday evening came upon an archived thread in the BossGT central website from 2007 where the same thing happened as follows:

{adamgram
05-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the help, RD/MAN. The footswitch that came with the amp never worked. All the switches were off when I first opened the amp up. I set each switch on the set of 4 to ON, changing the amp's midi channel from 16 to 1. I tried some things with the set of 2.
The Randall footswitch gets power from the amp, but it dosen't change the amp's channel. With both switches on the set of 2 switched on, the footswitch gets power with either a 5 or 7-pin MIDI cable. With both switches off, the switch only gets power if I use the 7-pin cable. Do these switches control which pins supply the power? How should I set them not send power and send MIDI signals on the standard 5 pins?
What MIDI channel is the Randall footswitch set for? I opened it up, there's no switches like on the amp. I could figure is out through trial and error with my other MIDI gear, but the power supply input for the footswitch is some weird-*** nonstandard size that dosen't fit any of my power supplies.

Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RD/MAN
05-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Adam,
If the original footswitch is not working either I suspect that there may be a bad part on the MIDI board. You said the original footswitch lights up when you plug it into the RM100, but it won't switch channels, correct??
If so, I think the best thing to fix the problem is to send you a new MIDI board to put in the amp, or we can send you to local service center. I assume that you bought the amp used?? The MIDI board is easy to change out, you only remove the two small screws, unplug the main ribbon cable and plug in the new board. Send me PM with your address and we will send you a new one. We would like for you to send the faulty MIDI board back once you receive the new one.
Let me know.
Thanks.}

I have the same problem here, and have taken the amp apart, changed fuses, switched all internal midi switches several times and tried with the new RF3 and Gt6 but no luck. Since the channel select button on the amp works and the RF3 FootSwitch lights up and changes button lights I can only assume that the midiboard on the RM100 is faulty.

Anyway, I've emailed various Randall contacts posted on this newsgroup (including Customer Support and Stacy) and would greatly appreciate any additional help with trying to get / buy a new midi board for the RM100 head in Brisbane, Australia. At the moment I love the Amp (I have clean, plexi, tweed, recto & ultra lead modules) but cannot use this for gigs / live until I sort this out.

Thanks for your help.

Steph.

I've finally got it fixed. I CAN NOW USE MY FOOTSWITCH !!!!! I managed to get my hands on a new midi board for the RM100 via the Australian Randall Distributer (cmi.com.au whose details were also passed onto me via US Music Customer Service). They promply posted me a new midi board for less than AUD$50 - I installed the new midi board and VOILA the channels / midi works like it should. I can now enjoy my amp and start thinking about where to spend my $ next ........

Anyway, thanks to this newsgroup I was able to track down that it was indeed the midi board that was likely to be the faulty part of the amp, and thanks to all your suggestions / contacts for service pple etc....

Steph.