Urgent Module Advice?!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HeretiC-

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum, my boss reccommended I come here and ask you the question I need answered!
I have just ordered an RM-100M and I need to know what module will give me the real heavy brutal rhythm tone similar to the Triple Rectifier, among other amps?
I need really a really sweet heavy tone. Although I know the Treadplate is the Recto module, I've heard it hardly cuts through in a band situation?
Advice? I need to know very soon, like in 4 hours or something so I'm able to specify what I would like.
Thankyou!! :D

i have a treadplate, and have no problem cutting....i also always ran boosted mids with it, and a sd-1 in front.

Stock I couldn't stand the Recto, but with Pete's mods it is probably the best module I own. If you understands mods there are a few little tweaks that would make a stock Recto much more useful. Or just start with a Grail.

Jaded Faith said:
with Pete's mods it (Recto) is probably the best module I own.

I agree...also out of the box KH3 is great with boost pedal unnecessary

Who's your boss, Ozzy Osbourne?

Hmmm okay... Hahaha no my boss isn't ozzy! :p
So these mods you speak of... are they hard to do? Would I be able to get an electrician to do them, or an amp tech? Or what?
Cheers

ultra has a bit sweeter/more versatile distortion than xl but xl has a bit deeper bottom and more modern biting top.

my one cause for pause is I just sold a KH3 to a UltraXL user who wanted better quality- at first listen he liked the KH3 more