Voxy module: SuperV/Top Boost

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a clip for anyone interested in the Voxy module listed in the classifieds.

SuperV for low gain
Top Boost for med-high gain

Gain was set a 11 o'clock and mids were straight up for both rhythm tks. I used a MIA strat w/ Screami'demon p/u.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9605850

SacredGroove said:
bansheeburner said:
I never thought I would like a voxxy tone, but I have to say that sounds real good..

Thanks a lot man. I think vox'ish tones definitely have a place in the low-mid gain areas. With a boost it makes a great lead tone.
Did you use any boost in this clip?

m0jo said:
Did you use any boost in this clip?

Nope, no boost. But, I think I would've preferred one for the sloppy wanking... :oops:

JKD said:
Clip sounds great...I loves my SuperV

Yep, there's so much tone in it and fits well with different guitars, too.

I should probably mention that I tune to C standard, which would contribute to the jangle.

Sounds really good....
I can definetly hear the effect of being in C standard..and I can also hear what seems like a second guitar track..or a doubling effect applied to the original track. Probably the latter.
which is it?
Its a great sound....and reminds me of ty Tabors recent work (which is awesome, if you havent heard "Balance" or "Rock garden"..you are really missing out).
GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
Sounds really good....
I can definetly hear the effect of being in C standard..and I can also hear what seems like a second guitar track..or a doubling effect applied to the original track. Probably the latter.
which is it?
Its a great sound....and reminds me of ty Tabors recent work (which is awesome, if you havent heard "Balance" or "Rock garden"..you are really missing out).
GtrGeorge

Thanks George! The more I listen to it, the more it sounds like Tabor-type tone. The guitars are double tracked. The doubling really adds to the sweetness of the tone.

I'll check Ty's new stuff, as well.

The top boost-superV-Voxy sound is really awesome for the recent Ty Tabor sound. I went and listenee to "The Best of KingsX" yestrerday..and he is really even better NOW.
and the lack of BEYOND STUPID distortion makes his playing more noticeable...his note choices, his phrases....you can just hear it ALL better,imho.
As Hyenik said, his fave module is based on a Vox...mine,too...and because its really a player's module...you can hear the player MORE..and you can certainly be clean or distorted agressive or mildly crunchy.
I think Jimi, wouldve loved it,too.
GtrGeorge