What are you using for fx and channel switching on RM100?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
I bought a RP1000 to use with the 4CM on my RM50 combo. Recently, I acquired a RM100 head and would like to use the 4CM and change channels with one unit.

What do you use for FX and channel switching with your rig? I want to trade (or sell) my RP to pick up something that will allow one step channel and fx changes.

I used a Rocktron multivalve for FX (the new verion is the xpression) and a ground control PRO midi board. The New G-major 2 is really nice I had that for a few months with my Mesa Mark Iv and liked it.

Currently im using an Eventide Timefactor which I love and have no plans of replacing anytime in the near future.

I am a midi super noob and am getting confused. Let's say I am using a Behringer fcb1010 as my midi controller, a RM100, and a Glass Nexus.

The fcb looks like it only has a midi in/out, Nexus in/out, and the RM100 has a in, out, and through. The RM100 footswitch is in one of those.

How do these get connected?

I'm using a G-Major 2 and a Rocktron Midimate. Great stuff. The reverb on the G-Major is fantastic but it is a little technical when it comes to things like modulation and delay.

eyeball987 said:
I am a midi super noob and am getting confused. Let's say I am using a Behringer fcb1010 as my midi controller, a RM100, and a Glass Nexus.

The fcb looks like it only has a midi in/out, Nexus in/out, and the RM100 has a in, out, and through. The RM100 footswitch is in one of those.

How do these get connected?

Well first off, the RM100 footswitch only has midi out, so that should be first. Then would come the FCB (since that sends and should come before anything that recieves).
And the next one can be either RM100 -> Glass Nexus or Glass Nexus -> RM100, based on the Glass Nexus being on your pedalboard I'd first go through that and then on to the RM100.

Why would you use the RF3 though when you have an FCB? It's perfectly capable of switching the amp as well ..

I am using a TC Electronics G Major, and Rocktron Midi mate, works great for what I do, I run through series and it's Killer!