what module has the best recto tone?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob147

Reaction score
im looking for the best recto tone, one that sounds kinda like godsmack
really thick soundin with some clarity, what module sounds the best the treadplate, grail, or erect?

thanks
Rob

the grail just has it...for me. i only have experience with the randall mods not egnaters. well...atleast not egnater's recto type.

grail has serious MOJO.... they say erect is better but holy god ...better than the grail ???? how could it be??

I've got both - if I were using only these two, the Erect would be rhythm and grail for leads (or emphasized rhythms). I think the grail has a higher midrange emphasis (but I haven't looked at an EQ analyzer so I might have that backwards, but that's the way I hear it), but the sonic quality of these two mods is very close otherwise. I very, very slightly prefer the Erect for its dynamics, but if I liked the midrange signature of the Grail more, I could let go of that bias pretty fast.

I hate to say it for the sake of all those sitting on the fence, but this is definitely, absolutely a case where you almost have to have them side by side to decide which you like better. On the flipside, if you haven't heard the other one, you can't go wrong with whichever you have access to - they both kick ***!

Had both, kept the Grail...decision was two-fold

1. E'Rect worth much more in the used market

2. Grail cops 95% of what the E'Rect does and I preferred the 'edge' of the Randall module.

Both sounded awesome with the 12ax7c9 or c8 tubes in though...and I just recently tried to buy the E'Rect back...got sniped by $5 at the last second on eBay.

RD/Steve said:
**** eBay. sniping sux.

This one was just...I was being too cheap to pay $350 for it...hoping to save a handful of $..heh :oops: