What module sounds most like JCM800?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mashall+ for me...Although I gotta be fair...The JF 59RR Plat was a very close second...

I believe that basic Marshall tones must work best with MTS systems...Even the stockers are all among the best...Other tones work well too but Marshall tones just pour right outta these amps...

Masholdano had the most accurate JCM800 I've ever heard in a mod- 1987 is a close second.

Mattfig said:
Mashall+ for me...Although I gotta be fair...The JF 59RR Plat was a very close second...

I believe that basic Marshall tones must work best with MTS systems...Even the stockers are all among the best...Other tones work well too but Marshall tones just pour right outta these amps...

BINGO! Marshall tones work best with this set up. Totally agree.

Emmure101 said:
Stock or modded? Any input on which sounds most like jcm800?

Depends on how you percieve a JCM800
A high gain metal amp producing the tone of gods (false)
A beefier Plexi that doesn't do what people expect without a boost? (true)

Nightdare said:
Emmure101 said:
Stock or modded? Any input on which sounds most like jcm800?

Depends on how you percieve a JCM800
A high gain metal amp producing the tone of gods (false)
A beefier Plexi that doesn't do what people expect without a boost? (true)

Yeah, very valid point.... I've had so may modified ones over the years, I've almost forgotten what a stock one sounds like. My viewpoint is definately screwed up by this. When I said QuickMod, that answer was probably driven by what I WANT one to sound like :lol: