Will rm50 power section run with no modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xero0620

Reaction score
I am currently away from my amp so I can't try this myself but my question is if you have a preamp/amp modeler plugged into the return of the loop, will the power section of the amp work with no modules installed?

xero0620 said:
I am currently away from my amp so I can't try this myself but my question is if you have a preamp/amp modeler plugged into the return of the loop, will the power section of the amp work with no modules installed?

I did that then I first bought my RM22 no modules and it work great (presence and density works wonders) with my PODHD500..

Good to know.

Anomaly, how did you like running your pod through the amp and did you ever use it in a band setting? I am assuming you turned the cab setting off, how are the amp models and fx's?

xero0620 said:
Good to know.

Anomaly, how did you like running your pod through the amp and did you ever use it in a band setting? I am assuming you turned the cab setting off, how are the amp models and fx's?

I haven't tried the new Pod's but I have used a Pod XT, Tonelab LE, and RP1000 into the power sections. I liked the XT the least when it came to gain tones. The LE was the easiest to dial in and the RP is the most versatile. If I really spent some time tweaking then I would bet I could get some pretty good tones with the RP's models.

xero0620 said:
Good to know.

It's sounds great but there's a bit of digital harshness, a little EQ'ing can fix it though.