• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB first modded module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Reaction score
Hey guys, I love the tones I get from my Blackface, SL+, Mr. Scary and Ultra XL but you guys don't stop talking about this modded stuff and I'm super curious. I'm in Ontario, Canada and pay with postal money order. Anything to offer that might make me even happier with my MTS? Thanks.

The good news: There are loads to choose from....

The bad news: There are loads to choose from... ;-)

Seriously though, tons of killer deals to be had on the forum right now, you just might me a bit more specific about what you're after...

For me it's hard to beat the Mr Scary and UltraXL for 80s and heavy tones....the improvements you'll see are probably less than the $ you'll spend but if you're tone chasing like the rest of us, it won't matter eh? :D

Here's a few options for you, if you're looking for a clone mod. The clips are still considered preliminary, but I'm happy enough with them to post.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12405

Custom mods can be done to your existing modules that you didn't list as "love the tones" from, as well. :wink:

You may have the best 4 stockers out there....some idea on tones you seek would help others give opinions on which way to go. Sort of seems like you'll take anything that is a good deal, lol

haha, ya maybe I will. I'm just looking to be blown away like you guys seem to be. I play a lot of Rush but haven't locked in a great Rush tone with my existing modules...although Alex's tone has changed over the years I prefer something like the Moving Pictures tone. I love EVH's 5150 era tone, Jake E Lee's Badlands tone. Maiden Powerslave era.

Sacred Groove.... Your stuff sounds great...and I see you're just on the other side of the river from me. Do you have anything ready to be sent out or do you require donor mods?

I have a Sacred Groove Fisch and it rocks. I also have a stock SL+, JF Brahma, JF Mr. Scary, and a Gigmods XTC. The SL+ is one of my favorites and can't imagine getting it modded but I would love to try the M22.

Otherwise, the JF Brahma and SL+ are my go to modules for Marshall tones. The JF Scary is my SLO type of tone. I have the high gain territory covered but I could use a mid gain module. Sure, the Brahma will do it but I love the tone I get with the gain boost engaged. It never ends.

Not sure what you guys are doing but Mode 2 (switch to right) is a nicely smooth tOne into my Randall 4x12 with v30s.

I even played around with different tubes and went back to the stock Ruby.

Sacred Groove Fisch sound clip does sound amazing...as does the MK22...as does his XTC. Makes me wonder what else he's going to have up his sleeve.
Maybe the XTC with the plexi switch would cover everything needed for Rush. Maybe I need a Rush module, a VH module that covers his tone range...maybe I'm just dreaming. :)