• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Ibanez 7 string minty clean for MTS gear

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Sorry about the blurs, my digital camera looks great in the preview, then when I see it on the PC it's a little blurry. Didn't feel like getting out the tripod.
Here's the deal: Guitar is really super super clean. It's obviously black, and black shows flaws like you wouldn't believe. Check out the pics, they speak for themselves.
Look at the trem - it's an ibanez edge 7 lopro. Notice how the base plate isn't discolored? The saddles aren't messed up from sweat? This guitar hasn't been played a lot, or someone did a total Howard Hughes Wipedown after he played it. Frets are in near unplayed shape. Back of neck where the lock nut bolts are do not show the stress cracks. Also has a bit of quilty/figured maple at the scarf joint, check out the pic!
Other than some very minor polishing scratches on the face of the guitar that I've seen on new ones, I found a few very small chips shown in the last pic - it's just the clearcoat, and they were hard to find. Neck is super clean too.
Only other bad things: it's missing the ibanez snap in trem arm (which I believe you can get at Guitar Center now, among other places) and two screws on the back trem plate. Guitar comes with a hard shell case in good shape, but it's not the original ibanez.
How's it play? Like butter. Neck is straight and fast, holds as low an action as my Jem 77FP. Sounds great too, something magical about Ibanez and DiMarzios. This guitar has DiMarzio Blaze pickups.
I figure the value around $499 - it's insanely nice. I will add cash for something that is worth more, or you can add cash... we'll figure it out. Looking for MTS modules, maybe a RM20 head or combo, RM50 combo.... before long I'm going to have one of each of the Randall amps, it looks like! If you're looking for a 7 string that plays as well as anything else you have ever owned, and is **** near mint - here's your guitar. Email me at okstrat(at)cox.net with offers. Thanks!
Pete

ibanez71.jpg

ibanez72.jpg

ibanez73.jpg

ibanez74.jpg

ibanez75.jpg

ibanez76.jpg

ibanez77.jpg

ibanez78.jpg

That's in fantastic condition for an 8 yr old guitar..none of the usual Ibanez faults at all :thu: :twisted:

JKD said:
That's in fantastic condition for an 8 yr old guitar..none of the usual Ibanez faults at all :thu: :twisted:

I figured it would play like a pig or sound bad too, since usually guitars that are pretty much untouched are that way for a reason. Nope, it sounds great and plays great too... I'm just not a 7 string guy.

Pete

you're making me miss my old 7-string Universe, shouldn't have sold it :cry: They do play like butter once you get the neck straight and set for low action.
T.

JKD said:
okstrat said:
hilly1212 said:
Pete,
Sell it and buy my RM50 combo I have!

Jeff, that is super tempting but I have an RM50 head on the way.

Pete

What are your plans for the head Pete? <curious> :D

Going to put together a smaller rig for one of my bands. I'm in an 80s metal/guitar oriented band where I get to play Satriani, Vai, etc - but we don't gig much. I use the RM4-RT2/50-GMajor rack and a Marshall 4x12 for that.

Other band that I'd probably use the RM50 for does more 'classic rock' stuff - Aerosmith, a few Van Halen, Doobie Brothers, Led Zep, etc. I was going to see if I can get away with an RM50 and pedals on that, since it would be lighter. I'd also probably use an ADA 2x12 that I bought some vintage 30 clones for. I do have an RM100, but **** it's heavy.

...and I might mod the RM50 with better parts. :D

Pete