• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Yamaha RGX 1212s

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have for sale a 1987 Yamaha RGX 1212s. This guitar is made for shredders! Its a neck through design basically identical to that of a Jackson Soloist Pro or a Charvel Model 6. It has a maple neck, mahogany body and an ebony fretboard with awesome sharktooth inlays. This ax also boasts: 24 frets, an HSS pickup configuration, a double locking tremolo of Yamaha's own design called the RM Pro II. Taking the best from Kahler and Floyd Rose and combining them to create an awesome tremolo unit. This guitar is Candy Apple Red with black hardware. This guitar has been played and its not a collector piece by any means. It has your standard pick swirling and scratches and one chip out of the paint on the tip of the headstock [very common for guitars of this era. My price reflects this. Also, there is some corrosion on certain pieces of hardware [the pole pieces on the single coils, the tremolo arm, the locking nut] and the tremolo is currently set up with 4 springs. It comes with a DiMarzio PAF Pro humbucker in the bridge slot and the 2 stock Yamaha single coils in the neck and middle slots. It will be strung with 9 gauge strings and set up with a very low action for shredding. It has a few decals/stickers [2 were from the prior owner]. I really hate to part with this but alas, I need money fast. Price is somewhat negotiable but I will not be responding to time wasters or lowballers. I am looking for $500 shipped FIRM for this great 80s piece. Due to personal reasons, I cannot take trades at this time.

Link to pics!
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/80sYamahaFreak/Yamaha%20RGX%201212s/