10 modded MTS clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trendkill1168 said:
That Ultra clip copped the Dime tone pretty well. You can take an existing Ultra and mod it with a switch to go back and forth from the stock Ultra to the Ultra XL can't you?

yep

and I could listen to all your clips easily, and I use IE..
BUT, I wish you would tell what guitar and pickups you use.
I think I may even asked this of you a long time ago. Its pertinent...because my ears seem notice that most of the time your hitting the modules very hard with gain...and that gets a certain sound....but there are people who may present a different load to teh preamps..and thats makes a big diofference in tone,playabilty, dynamics etc.
But overall a much better site than the old one. Continued success.

GtrGeorge! said:
and I could listen to all your clips easily, and I use IE..
BUT, I wish you would tell what guitar and pickups you use.
I think I may even asked this of you a long time ago. Its pertinent...because my ears seem notice that most of the time your hitting the modules very hard with gain...and that gets a certain sound....but there are people who may present a different load to teh preamps..and thats makes a big diofference in tone,playabilty, dynamics etc.
But overall a much better site than the old one. Continued success.

Hey George, ALL of those clips were passive pickups. Everything on page II tells you what guitar was used if you leave your mouse over the link for the clip. On the old page, it varied, but most of my guitars have Duncans - no preamps before the module, no EMGs, nothing crazy high output. Charvel SoCal on page II has stock DiMarzios (tone zone bridge, Evo neck) and the EJ strat had stock pickups in the neck and middle, Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge. I'm keeping track now. :) I think the first page XTC clips were actually a McCarty Korina PRS with stock pickups, which are fairly low output for humbuckers.

Thanks for the kind words on the website, I do my best. :)

Pete

maximus1 said:
dimebag my ***, sounds like exciter

I don't use BBEs or stuff like that - they drive me crazy live especially, thins the heck out of your tone and is a quick way to get lost in a mix. I own a BBE 462 rackmount, it has about an inch of dust on it. :) The only thing I would personally use a BBE or Aphex Aural Exciter for would be a TINY amount on an entire mix live to get a little more seperation on the instruments.

Pete

i know and please don't in the future either :wink: . bbe's, aural exciters, mighty putty, the ronco- never ending genius products :idea:

Latest posts