1st MTS Purchase

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Jetson

Reaction score
This is being drop shipped from about 20 miles away:

randall0022_9262.jpg

Hope it's here next week.
fingersx.gif

Now to decide on a Marshall Killer module for future modification, SL+? 1086? UXL?......Also thinking about the right color face plate, something along the lines of the Brahma I think.

If you want a killer Marshall tone, buy a new SL+ module. If you want even higher gain and a tighter module, get the UXL. I never liked the stock 1086 much for high gain but it does Plexi tones pretty good.

Pete from Gigmods on the MTS board here will make you custom face plates.

tlingen said:
If you want a killer Marshall tone, buy a new SL+ module. If you want even higher gain and a tighter module, get the UXL. I never liked the stock 1086 much for high gain but it does Plexi tones pretty good.
Pete from Gigmods on the MTS board here will make you custom face plates.

Hi, thanks for the tips. My biggest obstacle is going to be the single module, so I'll no doubt be running an OD in front. I was also thinking along the lines of the SL+ to start off with and then moving on to the UXL/1086 for use with my baritone equipped with SD Blackouts H-S-H. I read some good things about Dave Friedman's Brahma/HBE mod to the SL+. It sounds like Pete is going to be tied up for a few weeks until he's out of the weeds from his backlog.

Where are you located?

You could try out some of my mods before you buy just to give yourself an idea.

George Jetson said:
kbause said:
Where are you located?
You could try out some of my mods before you buy just to give yourself an idea.
Hey thanks, I'm in the Western burbs. I'll PM you.

Me too.
Glen Ellyn currently.
Moving to downers grove tomorrow.

So I got an update on my new amp purchase, Randall is behind shipping schedule 30-45 days. Tried another retailer, oops a warehouse accident just happened to kill MY amp. Third retailer, got a shipping notice, then an apology email all RM20 heads and combos are backordered 30-45 days. The ecomomy must not be that bad if there's no inventory in the warehouse.... what a p*sser. :x

Aaargh...that sucks...you should try and steal yourself a deal on eBay or here instead :twisted:

George Jetson said:
So I got an update on my new amp purchase, Randall is behind shipping schedule 30-45 days. Tried another retailer, oops a warehouse accident just happened to kill MY amp. Third retailer, got a shipping notice, then an apology email all RM20 heads and combos are backordered 30-45 days. The ecomomy must not be that bad if there's no inventory in the warehouse.... what a p*sser. :x

Well that explains why I'm waiting on my RM4 for 2 months now :?

JKD said:
Aaargh...that sucks...you should try and steal yourself a deal on eBay or here instead :twisted:
The cream vinyl and palomino cloth combo is not so common. Most RM20 combos for sale are in all black, I am looking for something a little different. Even a black vinyl/palomino cloth would be okay.

So it all ends in tears. :( Several retailers showing this amp "in stock", lots of promises until the money exchanges hands and the story changes to 30-45 days out. Sounds to me like Randall is a bit cash poor and can't replenish their inventory because of their suppliers tightening the accounts payable terms. It would be nice to hear from somebody who knows the actual situation with new inventory to chime in and dispel the rumors.

George Jetson said:
It would be nice to hear from somebody who knows the actual situation with new inventory to chime in and dispel the rumors.

Lol, seems like the rumors are coming from you...albeit with solid reasoning

Good Luck on your amp quest!

George Jetson said:
So it all ends in tears. :( Several retailers showing this amp "in stock", lots of promises until the money exchanges hands and the story changes to 30-45 days out. Sounds to me like Randall is a bit cash poor and can't replenish their inventory because of their suppliers tightening the accounts payable terms. It would be nice to hear from somebody who knows the actual situation with new inventory to chime in and dispel the rumors.

No idea...I mean the Black is more likely to be in stock than either of the more exotic colour schemes.....which are probably a handful on hand or manufacture to order....did you try funkymunkymusic?

Julia, black/black has been the only color combo for years and there is plenty of old inventory in this color. Yes I could change out the grill cloth, add piping and/or tolex, but that's a pretty cra**y thing to have to do to a brand new $700 amplifier, don't you think?

Not trying to spread rumors, just looking for an "official" reaction...

JKD said:
No idea...I mean the Black is more likely to be in stock than either of the more exotic colour schemes.....which are probably a handful on hand or manufacture to order....did you try funkymunkymusic?
Yep, they were one of the bespoke retailers.