Acoustic rattling in RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
Recently I was doing some recording using a non-MTS amp into my Mesa vertical 2x12. My RM100 sits directly on top of the cabinet, and the amp I was using for the recording was sitting on top of that. I found that I was getting a lot of sympathetic vibration coming from the RM100 whenever I hit a low note. I confirmed that it was the RM100 by moving it off of the stack and making sure the rattles went away.

Has anybody had this experience, and what did you do to solve it? I tried removing the front grille to no avail. I also wrapped a pillowcase around the power tubes, which got rid of a little bit of the rattling but not most of it.

Hi, I've had a similar problem in the past. Mine turned out to be the big plastic Randall badge on the front. I unscrewed it, put Prestik (SA equivalent to Blu Tac) over the back of it, then screwed it back on. No rattles since then.

Since taking the grille off didn't help, you have a different issue. Maybe try the carry handles on the sides? If that isn't it, just go through all the parts one by one and see what's moving when it shouldn't.