Add a 5Y3 rectifier tube to a RM22??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pettymusic

Reaction score
Is this possible?

Any pitfalls I should look out for in tackling something like this?

I'm looking to get BIGGER sound from my RM22. ...or maybe just push it as far as I can. :twisted:

Thanks!

There's really no benefit to such an endeavor and I would bet you would dislike the results. The amount of work required would not justify the benefit. It's extremely tight in those amps as well.

Jaded Faith said:
There's really no benefit to such an endeavor and I would bet you would dislike the results. The amount of work required would not justify the benefit. It's extremely tight in those amps as well.

Thanks for the reply, Rob.

Do you think I would benefit from one of the Presence/Density boards?

Great question and I was just thinking the same thing. I'm designing and placing the orders for the other amp's boards today (almost done now) and was questioning this very thought. Speak up if interested or email me about it and if there is enough interest to warrant an order I'll design them as well.

I appreciate the suggestion...but what I really want is a 3 channel 50 watt MTS combo amp with neodymium speakersa good loop and a weight under 50 lbs...
Ive been asking for a while..but I think I am a voice in the wilderness.

GtrGeorge