Anyone else with an oldschool Randall?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slaytanic said:
Personally, I think they need to remake a few of the older models just as they were made back in the day in Irvine. I have heard that they are doing a remake of the RG100ES. not sure of the truth of that though.

I hope they do, the RG was one of the best amp Randall has made....

I finally found a good band to join. I plan on bringing my RG100HT (head) to next rehearsal to see how it cuts it. My Rm4 was nice last time..but I couldnt quite control it.....for fun I'll use the RG100HT and amarshall bottom next time and see if Phil Collen was really onto something.
I suspect so. The first gt together I used a Marshall TSL60 (3 channel tube head)..It was quite good...sat really well in themix...but flexibilty wasn't what I had hoped.

i think i might have a schematic for the rg100Es laying around mabie i can dig up....
(i guess nobody was looking for it i read the post wrong im an idiot)

Just traded a Carvin Legacy Combo for an Randall RGT. Talk about an amazing amp. I am in love.

I may know where a Rack Mounted RGT is located. Where are you located? I think its going for $600.00.

I used to own a Randall Pro Tube 2000 Head as well as a Pro Tube 1000 II Head.
The PT 2000 was a 100 Watt all tube head that just Destroyed everything anywhere I ever played.
The PT 1000 was a 55 watt head that was plagued w/Many bad sdolder joints.3 Different shops that never got fixed.
Too bad,when it worked it sounded awesome.

I sold the PT2000 to my cousin then got my V2 which I'm loving so far BUT will buy back my PT2000 eventually.
I've been using Randall Amplifiers for the past 15 years and I'll NEVER buy another brand.

UPDATE: I just bought the PT2000 back from my cousin for $250,
It's so nice to have it back again.What was I thinking ever selling this amp.
The V2 is killer too..
I'll be running these 2 in stereo..

I have a RGT 100ES in that great 80's snakeskin tolex. I just had it serviced and it just rips!! A friend of mine is in the studio with 2 marshall jmp heads doing a new cd and asked to use my Randall instead. What does that tell ya :twisted:
I would love to get a 2nd head but the RGT is darn near extinct!
Can someone tell me what this thing may be worth? For insurance reasons.
Karl

I take you have also done some searching on Google Karl?
Man,that amp is pretty touch to find any info on but checkout this posting,someone bought an RGT100 for $100?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/archive/index.php/t-1290766.html

I think it's safe to say it isn't worth too much BUT to you it may be worth more than any dollar amount ,like ALL of my Randall equipment is to me=PRICELESS

ive got an rg200es with a 4x12, but im not sure what year its from. But it does sound good. I used it for a few years till i bought an rh150 g3 head and more recently an rm100. I still pull it out from time to time cause i like to use it to blend for recordings.

l_8b9b4c8179d0e585b51f3b70d9cdf583.jpg

l_5603c236b4e0bd9b67af2bc66ae6493a.jpg

there is my lady- 85' rg100es