Anyone tried this power tube combo?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah , its pretty good, but the e34l has more balls to it, the 77's are a little smoother with a tad more low end ,6l6's sound good in there too , but the kt-88's are a must have for the outside.

Have you tried the KT88's both inside and out and found concrete evidence they are better on the outside? Just moved to a pair of these in my RM100 and don't want to go through the hassle of putting them on the outside if there is no real difference (ie: swapping out the tube retainers for all 4 slots). I know when I had 6L6's and EL34L's in there I actually found the EL34L's to be better on the inside.

Ya i wonder if the KT88 would sound different on the outside as well, right now i have KT66s on the inside and 88s on the out, but i have never even considered swaping them.

HMMMMM maybe i should.

i found that the difference is small but they are better on the outside and the e34l's on the inside, i was using 6l6's on the inside which sounded good but maybe too little mids so i put the e34ls in and my midrange is much better and things are alot tighter now all the way around