Arch Enemy and the RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After my experience with bias drifting on a JVM going overly hot I'm biasing on the cold side if anything from here on.

My PI? I don't know if it's even balanced. The matched quad? It's the same price as individual tubes where I'm getting them.

maximus1 said:
+1000 on mustangs comment,we love the brutal :twisted: ; i've come full circle with this thing and for me and what i want from high gain i love the e34l and yes it makes all the difference in the core tone of this amp for me and my set up at least, where as before i had other amps that ran on 6l6's and i thought el34 types couldn't cut it for metal but this amp proved me wrong. and mainly more than anything its a total package of guitar amp cab tubes that make up your tone but in my experiences the jj e34l gets you right in the ball park for high gain much better than anyhing else that i've tried :twisted:

I will try out my dead plate today and hope to get the most brutal :lol:

How do you have your tubes biased ? -6L6s on the outside, right ?

Julia said:
So which module(s) would do the best job of reproducing the V2 Ninja?
I would probably guess an Ultra with the mids boosted (and bass cut back quite a bit for tightness). If you can try it out, I would. It seems like it might cut it. But then again, I've never played a regular Ultra or a V2.