• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BASIC MODULES STILL IN BOX NEVER USED>>>

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
srommes said:
.Paypal is usually good in the end..
Paypal is only good if he hasn't withdrawn the money from his Paypal account. If he has, they have no way of recovering the funds, therefore, you're fucked. Trust me, been through it a few times before.. Just recently with MJ82, but luckily he came through after a while.

I've always had good experiences with Paypal. If you filed a claim and escalated it. What they'll do is ask the sell to provide a tracking number/ or information about the transaction. If he doesn't do that in the given time, Paypal will refund the money back to you and suspend the sellers account, launch there own investigation, which will involve there own invesitagotrs, police, chrages, fines, and maybe jail time.

insightibanez said:
I've always had good experiences with Paypal. If you filed a claim and escalated it. What they'll do is ask the sell to provide a tracking number/ or information about the transaction. If he doesn't do that in the given time, Paypal will refund the money back to you and suspend the sellers account, launch there own investigation, which will involve there own invesitagotrs, police, chrages, fines, and maybe jail time.

That sounds sexy, seriously.

insightibanez said:
Yes, you're right, but only if he has left the funds in his Paypal account, or his bank account. If he has withdrawn everything, they you're SOL. To prove that, here's a copy & paste of the email from Paypal concerning the resolution of my claim against MJ82:

"Dear John,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal."

FYI... most credit card companies now offer a fraud protector program that can insure you up to 100k if you are defrauded in any way. It doesn't just have to be when you use your card.

In this instance though using your credit card companies should still take care of you anyways without such a program.

Just thought i'd mention it for future referece since we are on the subject.

I didnt even use a credit card. I had some funds in my Paypal account.
I think I might be hosed. Have to wait and see.
It might get down to some "vigilante" justice.....
People can hide....but I know some really CRAZY bastards that can find ANYONE! :D
You gotta love ex-Navy Seals that are out of work looking for some good clean "fun" 8)
Do the right thing RIP..... :wink:

Mailman1971 said:
I didnt even use a credit card. I had some funds in my Paypal account.
I think I might be hosed. Have to wait and see.
It might get down to some "vigilante" justice.....
People can hide....but I know some really CRAZY bastards that can find ANYONE! :D
You gotta love ex-Navy Seals that are out of work looking for some good clean "fun" 8)
Do the right thing RIP..... :wink:

Exactly. With the amount of money involved, I think it would be worth it to everyone involved to hire a PI to track him down and solve the problem the way it should be. Jail is to good for this guy even if the lazy cops decide to do something...and they probably won't.

lol, you're joking right? I hope not hehe. I paid through a credit card luckily, so if paypal doesn't get my money I'll try to do a chargeback.

You guys could all go in on it and spend $40 to get a full backround check on the guy online. Might help track him down

How Ironic, RIP STUDIOS!!!
PAYPAL should have info on this guy if he is verified, If not youre probably screwed.
Youre telling my out of all you guys nobody thought to check this dude out??/ wow!!!
Thats why you never give anyone your credit card info , or send western union you cant get it back !!
I thought something was a bit fishy when the dude started making uo diezel mods, and naming all kinds of **** that doesnt exist!!!
UNITE HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT !!!

HDRockstar said:
How Ironic, RIP STUDIOS!!!
PAYPAL should have info on this guy if he is verified, If not youre probably screwed.
Youre telling my out of all you guys nobody thought to check this dude out??/ wow!!!
Thats why you never give anyone your credit card info , or send western union you cant get it back !!
I thought something was a bit fishy when the dude started making uo diezel mods, and naming all kinds of s*&t that doesnt exist!!!
UNITE HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT !!!

He had already made good on one deal in here had been contributing in conversations, just as any of us who have put things up for sale and were honorable enough to make good on our word. You don't need to add your comments like we're all a bunch of asses to make us feel any worse then we're already making ourselves feel.

Not my intinent, no need to direct your anger toward me, just trying to let you guys who used PAYPAL might have some recourse

HDRockstar said:
Not my intinent, no need to direct your anger toward me, just trying to let you guys who used PAYPAL might have some recourse

When Paypal verifies a bank account, there should be some assurance that there is some recourse available to those of us conducting transactions.