BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer or any Sonic Maximizer

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veets987

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these with their rig? I have seen both good and bad reviews. Does it really make your rig sound huge? Tighten up lows? Or will it just make it sound like a proccessed mess that gets lost in the mix?

I sold my BBE sonic maximizer(s), they sound like crap to me. They take away from the amps natural compression and tone. Blech!!!

I think it can make a rig sound badass when used right.

IMO its a great to for low end flub killing.

like any exciter they could sound great, but they need to be used veeeeeeeeery subtly

I have the rack mount BBE 482I I think it is. Makes my rig sound soooooo KILLER!!! Like taking a wet banket off the speakers. Try one out at the local music store first if you get a chance. No FN way would I play wthout my Maximizer now days!! Cleans everything up nicely! :D

I own one and it can work well with live applications, but I wouldn't recommend using it for recording. Sucks the tone out of the amp, which causes a recording nightmare. If scooping the mids is your desire, EQ the track, your Engineer with Thank you.

veets987 said:
Anyone use one of these with their rig? I have seen both good and bad reviews. Does it really make your rig sound huge? Tighten up lows? Or will it just make it sound like a proccessed mess that gets lost in the mix?

I used one a long time ago because I had a dying amp. Everytime I tried one since then I hated it. I did end up using a Rocktron Exciter for different flavors/modes and that worked great. Check out my (cough..no shame) thread in the other classifieds.