Best 6L6 tubes for MTS?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9985 said:
Anyone have experience with Shuguang 6L6GC tubes in RM100 (or other MTS series head?)

Also can someone post a link to the proper method of mixing/biasing EL34 & 6L6 tubes without torching the amp?

Can't you just put one pair on the outside two pin sockets and the other pair on the inside two pins sockets and then bias them as required in the manual?

Just to put my 2 cents worth in.I just did some tube swappage myself and found my nich.phase inverter EH12AX7- power tubes 1and4 GT6L6GE tubes 2and3 MESA6L6GCSTR430s.I biased 35 across the board.I find myself loving my RM100 more and more every day simply a[ amp tweakers dream] !!!Just when you think you cant love your amp any more than you already do. you find yourself being wrong.I think I'll take mine to bed with me tonight!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

CHASENTONE said:
I find myself loving my RM100 more and more every day simply a[ amp tweakers dream] !!!Just when you think you cant love your amp any more than you already do. you find yourself being wrong.I think I'll take mine to bed with me tonight!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

+1 :twisted: It's great when it's working right, but the cool thing is you CAN make it work right!