Best/Favorite speakers to use with modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mattfig:

My go to now is my Mesa Rectifier cab, just a huge sound and so detailed.

My main go to rig is in my signature, but I also play/own a Marshall JCM800 2203KK, just picked up a Bugera 6262 (the best plug and play amp i've ever come across, ever! and compared to my housemates original block letter 5150 it really sounds better! His can get there with a few mods but the cleans in the end still suffer) and a JMP-1/Mesa Strategy500 setup (just wicked)

For my handmade lonestar 2x12 openback i've ordered Jensen C12N's. My RT2/50 now has JJ 6V6's on one side for the clean modules, i'll be in JC120/Fender Twin Heaven soon enough!!!

Peace!

Check out my bands myspace mattfig if you got time!

www.myspace.com/mendingmelissa
www.mendingmelissa.com

Tbag said:
mattfig:

My go to now is my Mesa Rectifier cab, just a huge sound and so detailed.

My main go to rig is in my signature, but I also play/own a Marshall JCM800 2203KK, just picked up a Bugera 6262 (the best plug and play amp i've ever come across, ever! and compared to my housemates original block letter 5150 it really sounds better! His can get there with a few mods but the cleans in the end still suffer) and a JMP-1/Mesa Strategy500 setup (just wicked)

For my handmade lonestar 2x12 openback i've ordered Jensen C12N's. My RT2/50 now has JJ 6V6's on one side for the clean modules, i'll be in JC120/Fender Twin Heaven soon enough!!!

Peace!

Check out my bands myspace mattfig if you got time!

www.myspace.com/mendingmelissa
www.mendingmelissa.com

Thanks for the reply...Sounds like you have some cool gear happening! I went to your myspace page and could only see pics, music wouldn't load so I'll try again later...

Also, interesting you mention the Bugera in a positive light...I had a 333XL that was really good too....In these days of ***** quality control a Bugera and Peavey don't seem that far apart...

Talk to you soon...Oh yeah, good choice on the singer! :)

My modules can be seen in my sig. I use a Scumback h75. Thanks to Rod for the speaker and the recommendation on it. It sounds awesome all the way across the board for just about anything. I also have a 212 cab with a Celestion V-30 and a WGS ET65 that I really love, but I hardly touch it any more. I have to say I'd love to get my hands on something like an old Fane though.... I absolutely love the sound of them, but there is no way I can justify the price of the real deal.

I mostly play a variety of heavy stuff, from electric wizard type sounds, brutal death metal, to really lo-fi black metal. I dabble in post rock (Explosion in the Sky type stuff) and jazz. I also have been playing a bit of more straight forward rock and blues as of late. Sadly I haven't really jammed in a group setting in far too long though.

Matfig,

Where did you get Celestion Neo's "voiced for MTS"? I am looking to lighten up my 75 lb RM-100 combo and these would be perfect!

Ricey said:
Matfig,

Where did you get Celestion Neo's "voiced for MTS"? I am looking to lighten up my 75 lb RM-100 combo and these would be perfect!

Sweetwater sound.....R412NXT...Great cab, great tone, easy on the back...They aren't easy to come by but if you see one, grab it...Worth it!

speedemon said:
I am with Eyeball on the Scumback speaker, I run an H55 and Scumnico, 65 and 100w respectively, coupled with old pre tubes, and EL34/6L6 combo, I get some great sounds. For some reason, the amp needs to run about 30 to 45 min to get the right feel?

Good luck!
That's interesting speedemon...I have to run my RM50 for at least 30 minutes before it sounds good also...after that...watch out

sepherus said:
My modules can be seen in my sig. I use a Scumback h75. Thanks to Rod for the speaker and the recommendation on it. It sounds awesome all the way across the board for just about anything. I also have a 212 cab with a Celestion V-30 and a WGS ET65 that I really love, but I hardly touch it any more. I have to say I'd love to get my hands on something like an old Fane though.... I absolutely love the sound of them, but there is no way I can justify the price of the real deal.

I mostly play a variety of heavy stuff, from electric wizard type sounds, brutal death metal, to really lo-fi black metal. I dabble in post rock (Explosion in the Sky type stuff) and jazz. I also have been playing a bit of more straight forward rock and blues as of late. Sadly I haven't really jammed in a group setting in far too long though.
Glad you like the Scumback Sepherus!!!!! I love the RM50 head...Thanks again