Best middle/high gain (modded) lead tone?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksun

Reaction score
Hi!

Of course this is a matter of personal preference but what are your favourite module (stock or modded) for rock/metal lead that really cuts in the mix?

What about salvation territory? I'm in Europe and are about to send a couple of modules to Anthony and I really want to add a great lead mod to my collection :D

Of all my modules, I'd say my stock Brown cuts through for leads best. It's very mids-heavy, even with the mids knob dialed back. I was comparing it to my Scary last night and the Brown punched through and sounded more aggressive for solos. If you hit it with a boost pedal, it's the perfect module for leads, if cutting through the mix is your goal.

Without pedals... anything with a boost, and especially a dark switch :D With a boost pedal, whatever your tonal flavor is... Camerock, Salvado DLX, Angel E, Dread Plate...

Nothing cut better than my Ultra Lead

Unfortunately it's character did absolutely not mesh with my other modules so had it modded to an angel
(Which currently has the best cutting mids compared to a stock -old value- SL+ and Masholdano)

I use my XTC or Shiver (Facelift) for leads, smooth and blistering!
They definitly cut through the mix great. The XTC can be a tiny bit thin sometimes, the Shiver is just perfect.

Where in Europe are you?

m0jo said:
I use my XTC or Shiver (Facelift) for leads, smooth and blistering!
They definitly cut through the mix great. The XTC can be a tiny bit thin sometimes, the Shiver is just perfect.

Where in Europe are you?

I'm in Sweden, I've got 8 eggie modules at Anthony waiting for modding. Last couple of weeks I have been terrorizing Mr Salva with a lot of questions etc. I'm sure he is pretty exhausted with all the back and forths by now, so I thought I'd give him some relief and ask some questions over here ;-)

I use my Grail for leads. With the mids turned up around noon, it cuts through and has tons of sustain.

Brahma & Judge for stockers. 59RR (JMP) with Haze on. Also SLOD100 with boost off, Focus & Fluid on.