Best Module for lead guitar

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffrouillard

Reaction score
hey guys I havent used many modules, but what the best module for leads right now i use my 1086 but seems too pingy on the high E any suggestions welcome

Pete1087 is so inspiring, I pull off runs I never though I could do before
Unlike some other mods, this one sounds great on any guitar, though admitedly great on higain stuff, it gets real smooth

Stock ilike the kh3 with the mids boosted, or xtc for edgy stuff

for surprise stock Modern, very nice smooth solo sound and very bad for rhythm :)

My favorite is mixing 2 RM100 amps. This is the best combination I have found:

1) Egnater EG5 / sl+

2) Eg5 / XTC

3) XTC / SL+

4 GRAIL / SL+

IF I HAD TO PICK 1 MODULE ONLY IT WOULD BE THE EG5 FOR EASE OF PLAY OR THE XTC FOR CUT AND EASE OF PLAY.

hyenik said:
for surprise stock Modern, very nice smooth solo sound and very bad for rhythm :)

+1 on the Modern. I've got 5 high gainers, and I find that the Modern sounds the best. A little delay, chorus and compression from my Roctron Xpression and it does the job really well.

I run a modded UltraXL with a mid-switch that provides both Modern and modified XL tones. My goal with the mods was to keep the saturated fluid feel and feedback characteristics of the stock XL, reduce the fizziness on the top-end, add in the clarity/definition of a KH3 with a bit of the mid tones of an XTC. It took several iterations working with Rob (Jaded Faith) on it, but the result was well worth the effort. Rob threw in the Modern switch as a bonus; two great lead tones in one.

If you want to stick with stock for now, I'd go with a newer (black faceplate) SL+ which has the JCM800 tone stack. Good gain with plenty of mid punch to cut thru the mix.

I still prefer the XTC for solos, high gain with cutting mids, I do boost it with a good OD in front though.