SYN 1 Rig Question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prsguy

Reaction score
I just bought a Synergy SYN-1. I have an Evil Kitty module en route and am going to run a MOOG delay through the FX Loop.
I had a RM4 rig YEARS ago, but wanted to reach out to some more expert others regarding my signal chain in this re-entry to the MTS universe.

Right now, my plan is to run XLR out (via a XLR Y-cable) to a stereo Radial Direct box (I split my signal panned hard left/right in live settings) rather than the house provided DI box(es) for going Front of House.
Thoughts on running an EQ in the FX loop in addition to the delay? Would a POST EQ between the XLR send and my direct box be worth exploring? (I'm rather novice when it comes to EQ and it's best position(s) within the chain.)

Before the amp, my board is pretty simple/straightforward: I have a triple wreck clone distortion pedal and a volume pedal. I also have a Cusack "always on" scream pedal that I sometimes use (depending on the rig) as a tone shaper...but clips I've heard of this Evil Kitty mod make me think I won't need this. I've read elsewhere that some MTS guys put a tube screamer type pedal set to low/no gain in the FX loop as well for some added "punch" - I may experiment with this as well, but am open to advise/feedback.

Am I missing any key components? Are there any suggestions for "doing this better?"

Latest posts