Best module for low tunings

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my 7s is a baritone at 27". I occasionally tune the low string down to F# or really low E for some of my odd songs. My go to modules for that are either the Scorch or the Ultra XL (stock.) Though I have to say none of mine sound bad at that tuning, but they don't tend to keep the aggression as well.

Ive never understood the point of tuning a guitar that low other than easing the string tension,makes it a little easier to play...Ive had both the 1087 and the 1666...other than the 1666 being a olot quiet and more available gain,I didnt hear a whole lot of difference at performance volumes..I liked both for different reasons....but the 1666 was just a little too brutal for me and the 1087 a bit noisy,even in the lower gain settings..but both are very cool....

This suggestion is only if you can find one but my Dragon modules were made with down tuning in mind. None of the stock modules I tried had that super tight saturated flavor I liked.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=10734&highlight=

Once I get some MTS gear again I'll be starting up the Dragon run again and possibly be doing some revisions since I have a better understanding of preamp circuits.

Rob's VHT module rips in "D" standard tuning. I asked him to voice more along the lines of the Deliverance D120 and it's a beast!

kylendm said:
This suggestion is only if you can find one but my Dragon modules were made with down tuning in mind. None of the stock modules I tried had that super tight saturated flavor I liked.

Once I get some MTS gear again I'll be starting up the Dragon run again and possibly be doing some revisions since I have a better understanding of preamp circuits.

Holy crap!! I never heard those clips. That module sounds amazing! Nice recording job too.

Once I can start getting MTS gear I'll start modding again. Don't want to mod anything I can't test. So somebody go in the MTS classifieds and trade me their RM50/RM100 with a module or two for my Earcandy Headcrusher! :)

I hope someone trades up quick Kyle. Im sure that there are several peeps in need of your Dragon! Liked the clips. 8)

To be dead honest. I just got back on the forums today. Posted my Head in the Classifieds and got five requests on the Dragon. TODAY. :lol: Still no inquires about the head though. :?

I'm hoping to be back on the Randall train soon guys!

kylendm said:

The Dragon kicked ***....Really!!!! If Kyle could find a way to quiet it down noise wise (not a gate)- I would buy one immediately.....Excellent module!

That's what I plan on doing once I get an amp and module back. Going to really go through the thing and see what I can do again.

Yeah I've just been VERY satisfied with my Baron K88 and I still probably won't ever sell it but the MTS amps are always fun. :)

Maybe that'll be my next step. A/Bing a module with my Baron. The one Rob did for me was close but It's long gone. ;) having the K88 right here would be killer for comparing.

Someone trade/buy my amp!