Best Preamp Tubes for Egnater TD Module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

451stroker

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest the best preamp tubes for the Egnater Twin/Deluxe module? I'm primarily focused on the Twin channel and want the thickest clean sound I can get with minimal breakup or distortion. I bought the amp 2nd hand, and I think the tubes are original. The tubes seem to break up fairly early when I strum aggressively.

If the tubes won't do it, is there a modification that can be done to increase the headroom on the clean channel?

Thanks!

451stroker said:
Can anyone suggest the best preamp tubes for the Egnater Twin/Deluxe module? I'm primarily focused on the Twin channel and want the thickest clean sound I can get with minimal breakup or distortion. I bought the amp 2nd hand, and I think the tubes are original. The tubes seem to break up fairly early when I strum aggressively.

If the tubes won't do it, is there a modification that can be done to increase the headroom on the clean channel?

Thanks!

I use these - JJ / Tesla ECC82 Gold Pin

http://www.hotroxuk.com/jj-valve-ecc82-gold-pin.html

Sure you could pick them up stateside :)

How does the module work? Does each channel run off of one preamp tube, or do both tubes function on each channel?