Better recorded clips of the Slodano and Black Eye modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool

they all sound great. The black eye seems to be the quietest of the bunch with gain? Less noise. is that so?

audioholic said:
cool

they all sound great. The black eye seems to be the quietest of the bunch with gain? Less noise. is that so?

The Slodano had some hiss. The EG5 and Black Eye were fairly quiet.

Thanks for posting the clips !! Good playing on them .
There is something in the midrange I'm not diggin . I like your second bedroom clip from youtube better . The lows were warmer and the mid was'nt as sharp or something ..

HRR

yes, definitelly better, good job
all have something interesting.....

Nice clips, thanks.

And wow..that EG5 is definitely kickass! Maybe time to start saving for one! :wink:

In EG5B you switched to the neck pickup towards the middle of the track and I really dig that lead tone. What guitar and pickups have you used here?

These were done at my buddy Bill's house. I'll see if I can get him to chime in on how they were recorded. The Black Eye and EG5 A were me playing Bills Anderson Drop Top. EG5 B and Slodano were Bill playing his Anderson and I think a Robin. Cab was a Mesa 4X12 with V30s.

The clips were recorded direct from my VHT 2-90-2 through a Palmer PDI-09 cab simulator. The guitar was mostly my Anderson and the neck pickup that was asked about was the Anderson single coil though I forget the exact model number.