Big Thanks from a Newb

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon

Reaction score
Just thought I'd say it's totally nice to see such a supportive forum here. I'm in the process of getting rid of some babies (ie: amps that I don't need or use enough to justify keeping) and found the mod'd versions of various modules to be super interesting, and frankly made the MTS option way more appealing than what I previous thought (no disrespect meant to Randall and certainly none to Egnater)!

Seems like there are some really nice and knowledgable participants who are into the gear and into helping each other out. It's very nice, and frankly the information on the forum was a lot of what inspired me to part (oh so sadly...) with a few items and likely some more to come :).

And I have to say thanks to MorgMetal666 for facilitating a super sweet and mutually beneficial sale and gear trade while he was passing through the area!

I've already noticed... started with an RM22 that came with a Deluxe and XTC , and just bought/traded that with someone here for a RM4, RT2/50 setup (he needed to downsize, and I really wanted to get that set up when I started off...).

dumb question - how do you change the bit under your name to show what you're using? Mine says RM20 and while it's not a big deal, I have no idea how that wound up there lol.

Welcome aboard. They are addictive. I'm intrigued by the Scary Plexi. Missing coma, Plexi tone stack with Scary gain, or Scary tone stack with Plexi gain?

Oregon said:
dumb question - how do you change the bit under your name to show what you're using? Mine says RM20 and while it's not a big deal, I have no idea how that wound up there lol.

You can't change it, it's linked to your post count.....more posts = RM50,RM100, etc....

Ahhhh... well okay then :) I was all... hey! I don't think I listed that I had an RM20 anywhere lol

thanks man.

Best forum on the web, IMHO. Some VERY knowledgeable guys that are willing to share, I've learned a ton from these guys. Welcome to the club!

Welcome sir! Yup, one cool place to hang out and talk tone. MTS is just
so tweakable and fun to make your own. Be prepared to try them all,
cause thats the only way you will truly decide what you like and as
affordable as used ones are it wont take you long. lol
Have a good time and take care newbie mod slinger!

yeah I was thinking I would be set for a bit, but dang it if I'm not listening to another member's nice recording of the Salvation Mandarine Graphic and thinking I need one! Oh and a Chupacabra... or maybe something else LOL.

Yep it's already started for you. good luck with the addiction. :lol:
Here is kind of how it has gone for me. KH1, Scary, SL+ (blackplate). Then traded KH1 for Clean, then traded it for a Tweed. Traded the Tweed for a Plexi. Acquired a silverplate SL+. Then I got a Grail. Sold the SL+ (silver plate) & purchased a 1086. Sold the Grail to pay for the SL+ to be modded into a JF SLOD100. I sold the Plexi & 1086 to acquire the Judge. Purchased a Brown & Brahma. Sold the Scary to help fund the Brown to become the JF 59RR. Decided I wanted the Judge modded, so it became the JF GTO:KK. Then the Brahma needed a mod, so off it went to become the Brahma #39. Now that I type this out. Holy crap I have gone thorough more mods than I thought. And I still think I need more. :shock: Although other members module addiction are worse than mine... :twisted:

Welcome aboard!!! I'm still in the cocoon phase myself and I gotta tell you, you're only gonna love it. This forum has become my new Facebook! That is absolutely not an exaggeration. Since Hamner kicked it off, lemme see if I can recall my whirlwind as of yet. RM100 with Plexi, XTC, and Blackface. Bought an RM50 the same week as a backup. Got a 1086 from Dietrick from Salvation Mods as a kicker to really get me started, as he guided me to MTS. Traded the RM50 for a Chupacabra and SL+. Traded SL+, Plexi, and 1086 for a S1S0, traded Chupacabra for a Voxless plus some cash with which I bought a Grail. It's currently being modded into a Holy Grail (clever, huh?) by Rob at Jaded Faith. XTC soon to become a Marshall flavored mod once I can afford it. Most fun I've had with guitar since my first band. And waaay better tone. This amp with the modded modules blows by any and all hype. Glad to see some excitement from us fellow new kids. I have some demos on the way like I've been saying from the beginning, if only I could be home for more than 3 days at a time. Soon, my ridiculous travel days will be over. Then I can actually play my **** guitar! But I digress...

Very cool - the Holy Grail is a fun idea :D

I asked Rob to try and get my Deluxe to deliver a Vyberoverb type voice... I'm looking forward to getting it back (called it the Vybe Deluxe since I asked for a voicing switch to go between those tones). He had some cool ideas for the tone stack, and we did a custom faceplate etc.

So did you just decide the RM50 wasn't needed, or was it the call of more modules?

It's a base mod on the Grail with a Tight and Midshift switch added. We tossed it around several times before settling on the configuration. Rob is so cool to work with; he knows his stuff and seems to care a great deal about what he's making for you. Great dude. I actually modded the faceplate myself, Here's the link. http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=16261&highlight=

I got rid of the RM50 because I didn't see a need for it at the time. I'm in the Navy and my current command has me in a different city every weekend so I dont have time for a band and I just couldn't let it sit and rot. I'll get another one once I'm in another steady band. It's a huge gamble to gig with only one amp, I'm just not gigging at the moment.

Right on - dremel to the design! Cool to DIY that, if I tried it, it would be more...abstract or cubist (not very good at that kind of thing).

I wasn't sure about trading the RM22 since I liked how portable it and one of my old Mesa 1x12 cabs would be, but I'm not gigging right now either, and the call of the RT 2/50 was too much too pass up! I mean how often is a forum guy during thru So Oregon looking to trade for what I had ya know? I can imagine the shipping cost for that amp.

Plus if I ever need to weigh a body down, that freaken anchor will do the trick! Lol

Welcome to the boards Doss! That Vybe Deluxe is going to be a very unique and cool vintage Fender module for sure. I am really looking forward to getting that on on the bench.

Jaymzrock: I meant to tell you how much I dig that plate you made and can't wait for it to arrive at the shop for a firsthand look at it. I may have to do the same to my personal Erect if it's as sharp as I think.

Welcome to the MTS family gents and have fun! :wink:

Thanks Rob! It's sharp, but could be sharper had I been a little more careful with it. I discovered its pretty hard to etch paint off of metal without a few tiny slips, nothing a Sharpie couldn't cover, hahaha! Do you know if the lettering would come off with a little alcohol? It'd be awesome if you rubbed out (-_-) the Randall lettering and put Jaded Faith in the corner.

Jaymzrock said:
Thanks Rob! It's sharp, but could be sharper had I been a little more careful with it. I discovered its pretty hard to etch paint off of metal without a few tiny slips, nothing a Sharpie couldn't cover, hahaha! Do you know if the lettering would come off with a little alcohol? It'd be awesome if you rubbed out (-_-) the Randall lettering and put Jaded Faith in the corner.
Lettering can be removed, with some plates being easier than others. Unfortunately I don't have a way to print on that plate. A small sticker would be the best I could do.

Thanks for the welcome Rob :) and the module has me all anticipationy (looking fwd with patience).

Curious if you ever did any audio demos of that Kore module? The tone from the first stp album was so cool.