• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blackface or Deluxe for sale

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I've got two modules here, and I want to sell one. The other one I'm keeping and eventually sending to Voodoo to get the Twin mod. Looking for $110 shipped. One of these mods is a Blackface (sorry for the blurry photo, my camera wanted to focus on the tube PCB for some reason):

blackface.JPG

The other one is an interesting case. I bought it together with the other module, and they were both sold to me as Blackfaces, which is what the faceplate and tube cage say. However, I noticed that the label on the PCB is "Deluxe". I looked closer and immediately spotted a number of differences in the resistors between this module and the other one. When I fired it up and played through, it confirmed that it's definitely a Deluxe and not a Blackface. The two sound nothing alike. In fact, the Deluxe sounds very similar to a silverface Deluxe Reverb that I spent a little time with. So anyway, it advertises itself as a Blackface, but it's a Deluxe.

deluxe-1.JPG

deluxe-2.JPG

$110 shipped takes the module of your choice. I have numerous deals on the forum.

"Berrrr whierrrr berrrr whierrrr"

Do the bumpty bump!

(Just had to chime in... **** catchy dumb fun song :)