Boost pedals...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davis3

Reaction score
I have a love/hate relationship with boost pedals. I really dig the SD-1. How many people use a boost or a distortion pedal at all times over the amps distortion channel? I really like what the SD-1 does to my modules I set it very light but it works and I like it. I also have a DOD fx10 that I really like and its probably the only one I would consider leaving on at all times. So do any of you guys use a boost over your mods at all times?

Are you trying to boost or add distortion/OD? If you just want to boost try a Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso, it just adds volume and keeps your tone the same.

Well I guess I just want some info on what some of you fellas use... I dont really have any goal I am trying to reach, maybe not feel wierd about boosting or distorting an already distorted channel haha! I sometimes like to think I can do it all with just the guitar and the amp but I'll admit at times I like to have the pedals in there. So Catalinbread... I will have to check them out Ned. Thanks for the response.

It's the guitar, petersen tuner with hard wire bypass, Vox wah with hard wire bypass, then straight into the amp. I play pretty high action, (I can use a heavy brass slide without bottoming out on the frets,) lowered pickups, .009 to .052 pure nickle wrap, great tone, and sustain for days. Be brave and raise those strings! But, most of all, have fun! Pat L.

I have a ton - self modded TS9s, TS7s, SD1s, a few I scratch built, etc. Best way to use one is to crank the volume, cut the gain, and use it to push the front end of a distorted module. Set up a plexi for 3/4 gain, then hit the front with a boost pedal and it's awesome for leads. Plus you can still clean it up by pulling your volume control back.

Pete

I use several pedals. Xotic BB and AC booster and Fulltone Fat Boost. I use them in modules set for clean, slightly breaking up and full out distortion. All kinds of cool shades in between.

I recently started using the Radial PB1, and have been blown away. I only bought it to use as a buffer for my pedalboard, but the first time I kicked it in on using the the Plexi module, I finally understood why some people worship the Plexi.

It also sounds great on my other modules. Way more effective at maintaining the tone than the TS re-issue I have or any other stompbox OD that I have used.

I personally use Visual Sound Jekyll'n'Hyde, also an Xotic AC Booster, i sometimes combine them in different ways to add texture, color, gain or as boost, very useful with either clean or higher gain module.

It's a lot of fun !

I rotate between a Digitech Bad Monkey and the Keeley George Lynch Time Machine Boost. Both work great, although there is quite a price difference between the two.

If you're looking for an affordable boost pedal, definitely check out the Bad Monkey.