Boss GT10

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksauce

Reaction score
Spin off from my Masholdano classified... snagged one of these babies off of eBay and it's in route. Hoping for a simple effects setup :D

I use an RP1000 and it works great for the 4CM. I am sure that the Boss is the same.

There are many people that abhor multi effects. I say they're wimps. Multi, especially the latest generation, has great sounds, and coupled with our mts rigs, great capabilities.

The best part? No patch cables, 40lb boards, or noise.

eyeball987 said:
I use an RP1000 and it works great for the 4CM. I am sure that the Boss is the same.
I use an iPB-10, which is very similar to the RP1000, other than the interface. It is a very flexible, great sounding unit.

wesarvin said:
There are many people that abhor multi effects. I say they're wimps. Multi, especially the latest generation, has great sounds, and coupled with our mts rigs, great capabilities.

Agreed.

While distortion still has a way to go, the modulation/time-based effects are fantastic. Playing live, there's really no discernible difference between most analog pedals and a good multi FX unit.

wesarvin said:

Absolutely! Having one unit rather than dealing with a bunch of cables and pedals was definitely what won it for me. Couple of cables, plug in the power, much simpler setup and quick tear down.

gag halfrunt said:
While distortion still has a way to go, the modulation/time-based effects are fantastic. Playing live, there's really no discernible difference between most analog pedals and a good multi FX unit.

Totally agree. I bought it for the effects specifically although I've been impressed by some of the amp modeling, it's not quite there yet imo.

That's the beauty of mts. We handle the modeling with our amps, and the modulation and time effects (even comps) are handled by the multi. Global tap, presets, and lack of noise are added benefits.

Good choice!! :D :D Takes a little time to set up but will really give you a ton more options with your RM100.

I haven't even plugged it in yet, been a crazy couple of weeks! Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend. The idea of bypassing the the preamp for cleans was just too tempting! 8)

I recently used mine for a small gig the RM20 and it worked killer...same idea...I used just one module (all the RM20 can handle :roll: ) set it up for main tones, one clean channel using the GT10's loop to bypass the Randall preamp altogether.... and a lead channel (patch level volume boosted with some delay) Changed my RM20 into a three channel amp!

That's fantastic! I have an RM22 I'd like to try it with! What kind of cab did you use for the gig?

Plugged this baby in to a solid state combo I have for a quick run through. Wow, I'm pretty impressed... the effects are great! The amp models could be better, but they're reasonable and the thing is a tank.

Jacksauce said:
That's fantastic! I have an RM22 I'd like to try it with! What kind of cab did you use for the gig?

Used my Randall XL cab with the 100 watt Celestions...I could have probably gotten away without the cab and used the greenback in the combo but the cab sounded sooooo killer- I had to use it 8)

Jacksauce said:
Plugged this baby in to a solid state combo I have for a quick run through. Wow, I'm pretty impressed... the effects are great! The amp models could be better, but they're reasonable and the thing is a tank.

Yeah I dont really use the distortion/modeled Boogie/Soldano/Marshall stuff on the GT10 because the MTS stuff sounds much better- but try out the Jazz Chorus or Fender sims...excellent. Effects are definitely killer and stage volume you cannot tell this unit from much more expensive (hint TC Electronics) units. When you get it ready for the RM100, hit me up- I can share some of my send/return and patch set ups. Will get you very close and you can tweak it from there based on your cab/speakers/guitar....

The GT10 wasnt for me...I generally like Boss stuff but
it was really large and I didnt get the interface. Kinda odd because I usually understand Boss-speak.
Anyway, its well built and I needed something smaller for the stages I play on
GtrGeorge

PS: But MattFig owns everything and he likes his very much!