BulletBoys RM100 sighting last night.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlagdog

Reaction score
After Marq blew up his Jet City amp they drug out a beat up RM100 with an Ultra and he played the rest of the show. The Jet City sounded really good but he had it just cranked and I think it couldn't take it. The Randall was sounding awesome also and no blow ups. He said the night before they got tons of their gear stole from there van so all that stuff may have been loners. Here is a video from the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eFeft_7j6I&sns=em -Randall
http://youtu.be/pebQIAOpBZI --Jet City

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

schlagdog said:
After Marq blew up his Jet City amp they drug out a beat up RM100 with an Ultra and he played the rest of the show. The Jet City sounded really good but he had it just cranked and I think it couldn't take it. The Randall was sounding awesome also and no blow ups. He said the night before they got tons of their gear stole from there van so all that stuff may have been loners. Here is a video from the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eFeft_7j6I&sns=em

I know very well the origins of that RM100...Did you catch the modules in it?

Sounds pretty good. Do you have any vids of the Jet City before it blew up?

Hmmm...The one I thought it was had two SL+'s and Treadplate ... And, at the time, there were no other modules around....

I know this because I have a personal tie directly to this band and that is all I will say on that- not good times...I've played that very RM100- I'm almost certain that's the one - there must have been a mod switch at some point in the not-so-distant past...The ones I recall were pretty beat up too...

Hamner1 said:
Sounds pretty good. Do you have any vids of the Jet City before it blew up?

I'll load more up today. To be honest with you the Jet City had way more balls than the Randall and the Ultra.

Added another video to my post which has the Jet City before it blew up. I was directly in front of the cab when they first started playing and it had lots of nuts. I'm also adding the beat up randall pic for you Mattfig.

Clearly the Jet City was probably Friedman modded... also, I wonder sometimes whether or not a module can keep up with a real amp it tries to mimick. I've heard this on a few occasions that say a real Mamba or 800 sounds fuller than the module.

I always dug the bullet boys, they had a great rock vibe and his voice had balls, wish we could hear the scoop from Matt but i guess we have to respect his wish not to divulge.. as for MArq's band, half of them looks as ambiguously gay as he does. Put your shirt on fella! :roll: The original guitar player had great chops too, guess him and Marq had a falling out.

The modules will never be like the amps they model. The poweramp section/presense structure and all that parts of each head are all different then the Randall. My treadplate or grail or any other expensive mod it never going to sound like my triple Rec. A mamba is never going to me a framus. It's just all going to be different Randall tones.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Clearly the Jet City was probably Friedman modded... also, I wonder sometimes whether or not a module can keep up with a real amp it tries to mimick. I've heard this on a few occasions that say a real Mamba or 800 sounds fuller than the module.

I always dug the bullet boys, they had a great rock vibe and his voice had balls, wish we could hear the scoop from Matt but i guess we have to respect his wish not to divulge.. as for MArq's band, half of them looks as ambiguously gay as he does. Put your shirt on fella! :roll: The original guitar player had great chops too, guess him and Marq had a falling out.

Yep....No further commentary regarding that here- just not a cool thing to do- he's still out there and still has good pipes so why not?...
But seeing that RM100 pop back up did help me a bit so thanks!

Yeah, as for Marq's original band, they have moved on to greener pastures...Here's Mick Sweda playing to the most appreciative crowd ever! Do the molecule dance!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAx-xlMVpx0

Nobody in the original Bulletboys have been in the band for about 15 years. The whole band is just Marq and he just hires random guys to tour with him. The other guys in the band were all kids. Two of the guys weren't even born when the first album came out. Marq has to be about 50 years old by now. He tried out for ozzy to replace Randy Rhodes for gods sake. It's hard to find a group of 45-50 olds that feel like going out on tour and playing shitty bars to 35 people. You take what you can get and just go try and rock it out.

That's fair.. i'm not knocking him, I think he's great and always have! Didn't know he tried out for Ozzy. He's got chops for sure but was surprised he never bothered playing guitar in the original releases. That said, Ozzy made the right decision with Jake E Lee. I was watching some footage from the BATM tour the other night, Jake smoked.

From what I heard he actually had the Ozzy gig then at the last minute got replaced. He was one of RATTs guitarists also for a while. He had a whole interview one day on Eddie Trunks show and had a whole bunch of interesting stuff I never heard about. As far as Jake E Lee, next to Randy he is my favorite ozzy guitarist. Badlands was just complete greatness after he left Ozzy.

I've heard this on a few occasions that say a real Mamba or 800 sounds fuller than the module

There's a guy on here that has a Mamba and an actual Cobra..his review was pretty close and the only differences are preferential- to which the mamba may win out for some people.

I've had extensive time on 800, DSL, TSL, Rectfier...the moddded mods are better in some ways- clarity & options. Obviously power amp components will lend a different flavor, but who's to say those company power sections are better than a rm100

I've watched that video before. I personally don't think they sound anything close to each other.

Let me also say it's a webcam video so everything sounds like equal poop.

I like others on here have owned the very amps that most modded modules are based on or have played through those amps a number of times and the reason we switched to MTS isn't for nothing :).

This setup with these modded modules and combining different tubes plus the added features to myself and others is close and usually more versatile than the originals. Plus you add in the fact that you can have additional module slots with RM4's, RM1250 for example and with a good selection of modded modules no other other amp can compare to the versatility of the power amp (rt250) mixed with all the various amp mods....in my opinion.

Thats why I sold my Dual Rec, JCM 800, DSL100 and Knucklehead amps.

Why else would one of the world's best music producers (Michael Wagener) selling over 94 million albums he produced worldwide be using the MTS setup along with many modded modules from modders from our community? It is that great :)

You got me on the Michael Wagner deal. They couple custom mods I got I was unimpressed with so maybe I just need to buy more.