• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Buyer Beware - Riff19

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thrashanova said:
Riff19, who it seemed had a good rep here, has cast a big grey cloud over the rest of you, and I think that's a shame.

Most of the people on this forum are top notch. Check the good guys list. This is the best forum I've ever been on, as far as helping one another out and good sales/trades. I have yet to have an issue and you should see the amount of modules and MTS gear I have. Please don't let your observation of one bad apple spoil our bunch. Tons of good peeps around these parts.

thrashanova said:
jpadilla128 said:
Quick update everyone. eBay ruled in my favor. The amp shipped out today via UPS back to Riff19.

Thank you everyone for the support.

Good on you for sending the amp back to that cocksmoker, hopefully there's no more issues for you.

I'm just getting started out in MTS world, and looking to add to the collection through this forum...
I've been ripped off elsewhere before and am very cautious about dealing with any forumites from anywhere, and now this Riff19 ******* hasn't boosted my confidence at all - quite the opposite in fact :(
I would give my real friends the chance to redeem themselves, but not dodgy online sellers, even if they do play the same amp as me.
Riff19, who it seemed had a good rep here, has cast a big grey cloud over the rest of you, and I think that's a shame.

Like you, I am new to the MTS world. I've had a couple transactions here with no issue at all. It's unfortunate that one bad apple ruins it for everyone else here on the board who are actually honest. I'm almost at a point where saving money on a used piece of equipment is not worth the risk.

There are good people here on the board. As you can see from the responses to this thread.

Look I know that might not be fair, but then there's also a thread just below this one where some bloke hasn't received his module from buriedorburned... I've noticed a few others over time too, which is to be expected - some people are just scum!
As for the "good guys list" 13 unorganised pages of names and other ramblings is not an easy read! I'll be surprised if Riff19 isn't mentioned in there anyway... he's mentioned in a few peoples sig's - 4x by one person!
So should 1 offence marr this guys rep?
I think so , yes, more so because of his complete lack of remorse and his follow up comments here.
Plus after all maybe noone else has even noticed missing parts or otherwise?

At the very least I think it's a good reminder to be wary and to use some kind of buyer protection ala PayPal etc...

Caveat emptor, always. Using paypal with a credit card is always a good idea. I hope this doesn't prevent the new guys from trusting some really good people on this forum.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'm a complete gear-***** and will probably buy at least one of every module in time :roll:
I'll be paying by credit-card though :twisted:
Most of you guys never wanna send stuff to Oz anyway :evil:

thrashanova said:
13 unorganised pages of names and other ramblings is not an easy read! I'll be surprised if Riff19 isn't mentioned in there anyway... he's mentioned in a few peoples sig's - 4x by one person!

I've had good deals with riff19 myself. I was surprised by the foul deal that went down. As you can see, many on the forum rallied behind the person that was jilted. I would never tell anyone: where to buy, what to buy, or whom to buy from. You have to make those decisions for yourself. If you don't feel comfortable buying from forum members, that is absolutely your right. Only trying to let some new guys know that my personal experience on this forum has been great.

drewiv said:
thrashanova said:
13 unorganised pages of names and other ramblings is not an easy read! I'll be surprised if Riff19 isn't mentioned in there anyway... he's mentioned in a few peoples sig's - 4x by one person!

I've had good deals with riff19 myself. I was surprised by the foul deal that went down. As you can see, many on the forum rallied behind the person that was jilted. I would never tell anyone: where to buy, what to buy, or whom to buy from. You have to make those decisions for yourself. If you don't feel comfortable buying from forum members, that is absolutely your right. Only trying to let some new guys know that my personal experience on this forum has been great.

Glad to hear your experiences have been positive.
And so to the site owners/mods - Where's the "bad sellers" or "deals gone wrong" sticky anyway?
Will Riff19's flouting the "good-guy's code of honour" be reflected in the list by saying something like "Seller will post you the goods -parts may be missing though"?
Probably not.
I recall another bloke ripping off numerous people by pretending to be a randall endorser or something, but I wouldn't know about that if I'd just joined up - according to the forum there's only "good guys" :wink:

As this was going down I was wondering myself about the bad deals list. I believe the guy you are thinking of is RIP.

Hey good suggestion! . . . :lol: I posted this back on October 5th:

HughJasol said:
Perhaps it goes against the spirit of this forum, but I think that along with the "Good Guys List" we should maintain a "Flakes List". And believe me when I say I had to show a lot of restraint with that name suggestion - I have other more accurate and less generous name suggestions for that list! :twisted:

HughJasol said:
HughJasol said:
Perhaps it goes against the spirit of this forum, but I think that along with the "Good Guys List" we should maintain a "Flakes List". And believe me when I say I had to show a lot of restraint with that name suggestion - I have other more accurate and less generous name suggestions for that list! :twisted:

:lol:

The only problem I have with that type of thread, is most people will flock to that thread instead of the good guy thread. Maybe they had 1 bad deal & now they get spurned because nobody bothers to check the 10-20 good guy references they have.

1st I will say I have not dealt with either party in this deal, so I do not know there character. We do not know what the full dialogue has been between these 2. If you have 2 type A personalities that is only a recipe for disaster in a situation like this. We also have to remember we are trading/buying used equipment. I can honestly say the stuff I have gotten off this forum & through ebay for the most part has been in better condition than the stuff I find used at pawn shops or the various music stores I've been in.

My tech would not have removed the noisy fan if there was any chance it would be unsafe to run without it. I didn't write it in the ad simply because I didn't think to.

Anyway I stated my case, and was ruled against. Looks like I'll be out some cash for it. I've bought and sold used gear my whole life, and will continue to do so fairly as I always have.

riff19 said:
My tech would not have removed the noisy fan if there was any chance it would be unsafe to run without it. I didn't write it in the ad simply because I didn't think to.

Anyway I stated my case, and was ruled against. Looks like I'll be out some cash for it. I've bought and sold used gear my whole life, and will continue to do so fairly as I always have.

For what it's worth riff....Just make it right....Send a fan and pay for install....It's part of the amp...It's supposed to be there...Your tech's opinion, while I have have no reason to doubt, is just his opinion...I don't want to stop dealing with you as we've had some good deals...But this is crappy...Just eat it this time and do what's right...

Either way Happy New Year...

^Matt, the deal has been reversed

Until the 2 questions this week, the only "Bad Deal" was RIP Studios who defrauded thousands of $ here and elswhere- a total professional con artist.

Other than that, no other ill words that I recall as long as I've been here.
Use paypal via credit card and you're well protected with most banks

crankyrayhanky said:
^Matt, the deal has been reversed

Until the 2 questions this week, the only "Bad Deal" was RIP Studios who defrauded thousands of $ here and elswhere- a total professional con artist.

Other than that, no other ill words that I recall as long as I've been here.
Use paypal via credit card and you're well protected with most banks

Amen....And good....**** Yeah!