Check out this MTS rig........

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mailman1971 said:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50793

Think its enough?? :mrgreen:
:shock:

Na, i think another preamp or two would do. maybe a few more pedals. :wink: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ha, jk.

That rack is sick. I wish i had something like that. I would never complain about gear again. And that is for LP??? That is impressive. People can say all they want about them, but they can't say they don't have good taste.

I don't really feel like registering on yet ANOTHER forum just so that I can post once, so if anyone wants to tell the guys over at Rig-Talk which modules Linkin Park use, they're right here:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/linkin-parks-brad/aug-07/31016

To develop a quick and viable plan, Paden enlisted Rack Systems? Dave Friedman?who does all of Linkin Park?s amp mods and maintenance. Friedman suggested that Delson?s expanded tonal palette could be covered with modded Randall MTS preamp modules, powered by a stereo power amp, and then run through a single speaker cabinet. The duo rented the amps Delson used in the studio, studied the session notes to duplicate the control settings, and then compared the amps to the MTS modules to determine which modules emulated the album?s tones best. They agreed the Treadplate module was very close to a plexi Marshall?as well as Delson?s Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifiers?and the Top Boost module could be a foundation for the Hiwatt tone and various clean sounds. Finally, the XTC module was chosen to provide the Soldano tones.

Enjoy :)

no.mop said:
They agreed the Treadplate module was very close to a plexi Marshall?as well as Delson?s Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifiers?and the Top Boost module could be a foundation for the Hiwatt tone and various clean sounds. Finally, the XTC module was chosen to provide the Soldano tones.
I can understand the Top Boost for Hiwatt tones and even the XTC for Soldano.. But the treadplate for Plexi tones? O.O

Anywho, breakin out my old LP CDs cuz of this :D

Shinozoku said:
no.mop said:
They agreed the Treadplate module was very close to a plexi Marshall?as well as Delson?s Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifiers?and the Top Boost module could be a foundation for the Hiwatt tone and various clean sounds. Finally, the XTC module was chosen to provide the Soldano tones.
I can understand the Top Boost for Hiwatt tones and even the XTC for Soldano.. But the treadplate for Plexi tones? O.O

Anywho, breakin out my old LP CDs cuz of this :D
Ya, i could be wrong, but i thought the Treadplate was based off of the Rectifier.

ya, their old music was pretty good.

It was, but they said it sounds similar to a Recto AND a Plexi! Odd... dunno how they can even compare those two amps...