Correct matching 2X12 Cabinet for RM100 MTS Combo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I have a mod that is a little slow on the response side until it is really opened up. I kind of like the lower gain/cleaner tone it gets but it is like I hit a note and it takes a moment to respond....almost like a latency issue in protools, but not that bad. Is there a tube for V1 that might change that response? Higher gain or lower? Any ideas would be welcome....
thanks

I would try any fresh tube you have around and if you don't....You can score JJs for 10 bucks online just to have a fresh one to try and see if your current tube is just very worn....

Heck, for 20 bucks you can change them both....It ain't so much the brand but the freshness that will make any differences...

Thanks Matt. I get the new tube thing, but was wondering if a higher gain tube would make it more or less responsive. Kind of like some amps have a sag to them and would a different style tube mediate the sag? I also know that the sag is the nature of certain amps, but the sag might be changeable to a degree?