Corrected Brahma clips out there at all?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sepherus

Reaction score
I'm really curious about an want to try out the corrected Brahma. Unfortunately we all know how cash flow is at the moment. I want to hear a few clips, but I've scoured the net with no results. Usually my google-fu is in prime shape too. My SL+ with modern/800 switch and my R-Verb probably both cover a good portion of what it can do if not all of it, but then again maybe not.

What do you mean by "corrected"? I remember something about a correction done to the very first release or something like that but nothing new.

My understanding is that Randall has NEVER built it correctly to the original specs. I have a newer white face Brahma with the correction mod. It sounds great, but don't expect tons of gain from this module - it plays in the low- to lower mid-gain region.

Yeah. According to Dave Freidman they never built it to spec. I'm just wondering how different it is from a typical plexi sound. I can ballpark it with the SL+ with the gain down, and the R-verb in the lower gain setting. Neither do the cleans all that easily with buckers though.

I know the Brahma is supposed to be voiced more towards a 68 type sound, but honestly that doesn't equate to much having never played a non-master volume plexi of any type. I've heard the mids described as throatier, more in the soldano ballpark, etc.

My understanding is that Randall has NEVER built it correctly to the original specs. I have a newer white face Brahma with the correction mod. It sounds great, but don't expect tons of gain from this module - it plays in the low- to lower mid-gain region.

Rob, thanks for the heads up from an official modder. I honestly think my/your R-verb with the gain at half sounds better for that old school british crunch than most actual Marshalls I've played. It also has more depth of tone at and easier to control volume in my rm20 than the Tiny Terror and other "low power" amp options with similar voicings I've tried.

sepherus said:
Rob, thanks for the heads up from an official modder. I honestly think my/your R-verb with the gain at half sounds better for that old school british crunch than most actual Marshalls I've played. It also has more depth of tone at and easier to control volume in my rm20 than the Tiny Terror and other "low power" amp options with similar voicings I've tried.
Thank you for the kind words sir! I am going to build myself one shortly as well. The best description I have heard on that one was something to the effect of "It's more British than tea and crumpets!" It certainly captures the spirit of that tone quite well.