Dave freidman Mod????? ***UPDATE***

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insightibanez

Reaction score
I recently purchased a "Dave Freidman" modded SL+ here on the forum and I'm have mixed feelings if its really what it was advertised as.
First, the sodering job looks to be abit messy. (bubbles in the soder, and it just doesnt look professional.)
Second, two tightening nuts that hold the pots to the face plate are missing.

Does anybody know how I can check to see if this ia an authentic mod, or better yet if anybody knows his username and how to get ahold of Dave? If anybody can help me I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks, Insightibanez

***UPDATE***
Well I was able to get ahold of Dave and verified it was done by him. But the Sl+ was modded to the Mr. Scary specs?? Thats just strange, why would anybody want to do that.

I'm a bit disappointed, Don't get me wrong I love the Mr. Scary module but I was hoping to get a modded SL+ (warth, clarity, steroids). But I'm sure it will grow on me, and besides its only money, right? :? :lol:

Yup...go ask Dave..he's a super helpful guy.

For what it's worth I've had two DF Brahma mods (confirmed even though I got them second hand) .. one looked great, the other one looked rushed....he's a pretty busy guy I guess.

Steve

There's a real good chance that Dave doesn't do all these mods himself. Could be that he has hired help and they follow his "recipe". I don't know that for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised. The guy is swamped with work.

Thanks guys for the great responses I got, I'm gonna follow these leads and try to close up the close ends!!!!
You guys Rule, much Thanks!!!!!! :wink:

Well I was able to get ahold of Dave and verified it was done by him. But the Sl+ was modded to the Mr. Scary specs?? Thats just strange, why would anybody want to do that.

I'm a bit disappointed, Don't get me wrong I love the Mr. Scary module but I was hoping to get a modded SL+ (warth, clarity, steroids). But I'm sure it will grow on me, and besides its only money, right? :? :lol:

Well if it's really Mr Scary specs then you got a great module to compliment the other stuff you have already....I don't see anything that can cop the tones in your sig :D

Dave can turn a Plexi into a Brahma too...which is cool :D

..though why anyone would want to pay effectively the same amount as a new Sig module without all the fun cosmetics is beyond ;)

...and so the story continues on...and I hope I am pleased with my SL+ when it arrives. :shock: :lol: ...Been a month since Dave sent it back and I still don't have it :cry: ...and I'm a bit worried about this...

...can't wait until they make make "Scotty" transporters available to the public....for a small fee of course! :? :lol:

Well we solved that didn't we. The post office sent your unit back and I am sending it back again. Also to the other guy if you don't like the sl+ I would be happy to change it for half price. Dave Friedman

RACKSYSTEMS said:
Well we solved that didn't we. The post office sent your unit back and I am sending it back again. Also to the other guy if you don't like the sl+ I would be happy to change it for half price. Dave Friedman

According to what Dan the mailman states, I'll be falling of my chair when I hear it! ...and I'm anxious to finally try it out.

Just to clarify for everyone, my worries do NOT lie with Dave with respect to this issue! He's respected for both his talents and his business ethics. This is why I sent the mod to him in the first place....and even though this happened, I still plan on sending my Brahma for the brown eye mod (once finances are better :roll:)

My issues are with the package handling process...I mean, the tubes broke! Did they play f'n football with it? :? ...but honestly, sh!t happens, and I was the "happannee" :lol:

Anyways, I don't believe anyone misinterpreted me, but if you did, hopefully this clears it up.

Pedro

Pedro said:
RACKSYSTEMS said:

According to what Dan the mailman states, I'll be falling of my chair when I hear it! ...and I'm anxious to finally try it out.

Just to clarify for everyone, my worries do NOT lie with Dave with respect to this issue! He's respected for both his talents and his business ethics. This is why I sent the mod to him in the first place....and even though this happened, I still plan on sending my Brahma for the brown eye mod (once finances are better :roll:)

My issues are with the package handling process...I mean, the tubes broke! Did they play f'n football with it? :? ...but honestly, sh!t happens, and I was the "happannee" :lol:

Anyways, I don't believe anyone misinterpreted me, but if you did, hopefully this clears it up.

Pedro
Yeah Dave is a class act to deal with. And YES you will fall out your chair when the Hairy Brown eye hits home! My favorite Marshall tone EVER! beats out all the Marshall/splawn/ etc.....amps I owned. Very aggressive and VICIOUS tone. Like it WAY BETTER than the original SL+ that Dave modded for me last year. This is just one MEAN PUPPY! 8)

insightibanez said:

Is there a Mr Scary mod out there, like how the Grail mod is posted? Anyone?

droptrd said:
insightibanez said:

Is there a Mr Scary mod out there, like how the Grail mod is posted? Anyone?

If I still had my SL+ I'd be happy to make one.....all it takes is time to go over the component placement and values....did the one on the Grail vs Recto and the EG5 vs. MHG via PM on here before :D

Steve

Yeah Dave is a class act to deal with.

You're only as good as your current client list. I think that speaks highly of Dave's reputation. As for the bubbles in the solder, I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to things like that as well. Without seeing it, I have to wonder if it was just some rosin welled up. if you're worried about it and have the skills to remedy it, fire up the soldering iron and dress them to your liking and hit it with some flux spray.

Jimmie

It dont get much bigger then Lynch, Eddie Van Halen and Steve Vai and many others. They all had Dave work on their rigs.