• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dean MLF'79 with OFR and case. $330plus shipping.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berserker

Reaction score
Yeah that's right $330 + shipping and partial trade. Why such an odd number? It's the cost of the netbook I want. My comp is gone (somethings wrong with it and it no longer functions right) so I need a new one to keep in touch with all of you and do school work. That's all I actually need cash wise so I'm up for a trade any trade that's useful to me. Please help me so I can stop borrowing comps.

This is the guitar that turned me into a Dean Fiend. German made, OFR and nut on her, almost mint as you can see. CTS 500K pots, switchcraft jack, gold jackplate, Grover tuners, Sprague Orange Drop Capacitor, all wiring and electronics have been replaced with higher quality compenents. I will include extra wire incase you want to redo the electronics in some weird way. Laughing All damages on the guitar are shown in the pictures with the floyd tip as reference to it's size. All wounds look remarkably worse in the pictures but I assure you this is just due to flash.

For those wondering, this is a $600 guitar, I spent $190 on the floyd, then another $90 for the Dimebucker, $30 for the electronics (yeah I got ripped off), and $110 plus shipping for the case. This is one of the top end '79's out there. Doesn't feel like a piece of plastic and doesn't sound lifeless like guitars sometimes do. C shape neck is pretty thin, thinner than a Les Paul but not Ibanez thin. Tonally she's tight, with a real midrange bite, but not too trebly. Never had a problem getting enough low end on her either. You can get her to hold a dime squeal easy so don't worry kiddies, you can pull off Cemetery Gates on her.

The reason I'm selling her is because I've got 11 guitars right now, and about $100 to my name and I'm looking at using the money for school supplies. I can use a netbook and some clothes...

MLF002.jpg

MLF007.jpg

MLF006.jpg

Make's everything look worse than it is right? I could steam out all those dents and fill in the chips easy as I have a burn in lacquer stick. Or if you want to do the repairs on your own I can include some of the lacquer stick. Now here are pics of it from about a foot and a half away. BTW some of the stuff that looks like dents and scratches is a combo of finger prints and rosin.

Look at that top:
MLF004.jpg

Backside:
MLF003.jpg

Even the neck is kinda figured.
MLF008.jpg

*Note, yes I was standing with my foot angled, and yeah I've got Flintstone feet. Deal with it.

Best offer or trade. Buyer pays shipping. Currently has Dime'd speed knobs.