Difference in price between the RM50 and RM100????

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RM50 vs RM100 based on features/price/portability

• RM50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RM100

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hugo

Reaction score
Hey Boys,

I just posted and forgot to ask a question? I bought the RM20 yesterday and changed my mind to the RM50. Well, what do you think of the RM50 compared to the RM100? What's the difference between the two amps and is the weight of the 100 much more than the 50? It never ends does it? You just keep wanting more and bigger. LOL. If portability is difficult than I'd rather stick with the 50. Am I getting much more amp for the money or is it just an extra module that really makes the switch worth it?

The RM100 is mondo heavy, 70lbs or summat....yes it sucks that the RM50HB only has two slots but it more than makes up for that in the tone. I believe (personal opinion) the 50 sounds and feels that much better than the 100 to play.

JKD said:
The RM100 is mondo heavy, 70lbs or summat....yes it sucks that the RM50HB only has two slots but it more than makes up for that in the tone. I believe (personal opinion) the 50 sounds and feels that much better than the 100 to play.
I agree with Steve,I think the 50 watter has a better feel/sound and it's about half the weight.

What modules should I get for the blues and a SRV sound? Can anyone tell me some of the artist sounds I'd get with some of the modules??
I'm new to amps and this one imparticular so as an example:

Module? = Jimi Hendrix
Module? = Ac/Dc
Module? = Led Zep
Module? = Collective Soul
Module? = The Black Crowes
Module? = Aerosmith

Thanks guys, much appreciated! The Black Crowes, Aerosmith and SRV are my favorites, so please feel free to help a dude out??

Hugo - probably a Tweed or Deluxe (I'd lean towards tweed myself) for SRV, and for the others - a Plexi would probably do it.

Regarding the RM50 vs 100 - the 100 is a lot heavier, but I like being able to use 3 different modules at a time. Plus there is a mod coming soon from egnater where you can run the two channel egnater modules in the RM100s... might be worth checking out also. Then you could have *six* different channels on that head.

Pete

Any word on the Egnater Mod? I wrote the company over 2 weeks back with no reply. Dying to get the mod to play the dual moduals that I have!! 8)