Digidesign 11 rack as an effects processor.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonicboom

Reaction score
Does anyone here use the eleven rack as an effect processor in the loop? I can get one for a good price but i need to know if it works in the loop first.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would imagine you could, but I would suggest getting a Line6 M13 if you just want effects. If you want to mess with the amp models/recoring/Pro Tools then get the eleven.

I've heard some people say the M13 is good, but can you use it with the 4 cable method? And it doesn't run line level right?

As well . . . with the expansion pack you get a SVT model so I can use it for bass as well:) The guitar models would be nice for recording.

Sonicboom said:
I've heard some people say the M13 is good, but can you use it with the 4 cable method? And it doesn't run line level right?

You're right, it doesn't run at line level. Seems like a lot of people use it anyway.

Only other options I can think of are the GSP 1101 and HD500, but if you're getting a good deal on the eleven then that is probably your best bet.

GSP1101 aaaaall the way =)

I didn't like the 11R when I tried it but my focus was more on the amp models side..... so if you want to use it only for effects it might be more flexible that the GSP.

I really dig the GSP for recording direct with IRs and there's no such possibility in any other piece of gear below ~1,5k $ (Axe-FX, DAR Amps IR box, which isn't out yet....)

Eleven Rack it is then. The seller is actually the guy I bought my Randall from:) Getting it almost half the price of a GSP1101. I'll have to get the expansion pack but the changes included in that seems well worth it:)

POD HD 500 has line level capability. It has all the effects of the M13 plus a bunch of very nice models, especially with the latest firmware update. It has an editor where you can set your patches via USB cable. Of course if you're gigging, you'll need to tweak them a bit at the venue but you can save them. I've had the unit since it came out. I primarily use it for recording.

The Eleven Rack REQUIRES Pro Tools and an iLok to use the computer editor. It comes with PT 9 at the moment. You need either a Mac or Win 7 machine to use it. The biggest complaint people have about this unit is the lack of effects and that Avid has yet to make a stand alone patch editor. They want you to use Pro Tools.

Julia said:
POD HD 500 has line level capability. It has all the effects of the M13 plus a bunch of very nice models, especially with the latest firmware update. It has an editor where you can set your patches via USB cable. Of course if you're gigging, you'll need to tweak them a bit at the venue but you can save them. I've had the unit since it came out. I primarily use it for recording.

The Eleven Rack REQUIRES Pro Tools and an iLok to use the computer editor. It comes with PT 9 at the moment. You need either a Mac or Win 7 machine to use it. The biggest complaint people have about this unit is the lack of effects and that Avid has yet to make a stand alone patch editor. They want you to use Pro Tools.
Or POD HD Pro, they've now added full midi capability, so I'm not angry anymore :D