Dilema :?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
I have some time before this would/could come to fruition, but what to do.
Currently I am down to 5 mods (sold Super V). I am thinking I want another RM4. I also want more mods.

1st: Currently have enough to get another module. I could just keep acquiring modules, after all who is really going to use more than 4 tones at any 1 time (excluding studio work). It tends to be easier to get modules ($100-$150 for used stockers, $200 for new - assuming Randall gets some new mods produced). But I am kind of anal about hooking up & unhooking things, I prefer plug it in and leave it. Less wear & tear that way.

2nd: Save some dough/sell some other things/stuff and get an RM4. Then all of my current mods have a place, then push a switch to get their tones instead of shutdown, remove mod, insert new mod, start up again. As stated earlier, mods (stockers) tend to be pretty easy to get (cost factor).

Assuming I go the 2nd RM4 route, I am trying to think of initially the best way to hook this up. As much as I would like to at 1st get an RM4 and Patchmate or GCX, financially not an option. So some type of A/B switch on the pedal board. Any suggestions on this? Ground loop issues? or other issues?
My 1st thought is to run the 2 RM4s seperate like 2 amps, either A or B is getting the guitar signal. I see a potential problem in will I need a seperate switcher to use each RM4 with 1 stereo cabinet? Or would I be left with only 1 side of cab producing sound at a time. Other side might be producing amp hiss/noise as well until selected to be used. :cry:
The 2nd idea is to run them in stereo. A & B are getting a guitar signal. A into left channel of power amp and left side of stereo cab. B into right channel of power amp and right side of power amp. This idea intrigues me as I could have 1 RM with effects & the other dry (wet/dry setup) or both wet.

Thank you for putting up with my rambling.

I don't think tgere's any cheap way to put the 2 rm4s together. An inexpensive aby box essentially cuts your signal power down as it splits. Quality splitters cost cash.

I would also throw into the pot- modded modules. I don't see any in your signature

crankyrayhanky said:
I don't think tgere's any cheap way to put the 2 rm4s together. An inexpensive aby box essentially cuts your signal power down as it splits. Quality splitters cost cash.

I would also throw into the pot- modded modules. I don't see any in your signature

Yeah I was thinking on the used market maybe the GL Tripler or something similar that has a boost function. I also have the EH LPB1 but haven't played with the best way to make that work. Maybe get another 1 for each RM4.

I keep telling myself I need to take the modded module plunge. Then that addiction will kick in. :lol: Lets just say I keep eyeballing the JF 1959RR, the Sacredgroove MK22, & SLOdano (or similar SLO mods). :D