dimebag X2 prototypes

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce egnater

Reaction score
A friend has these listed on ebay for me right now. I had completely forgotten about these until I recently found them stashed away in my shop. There are photos on Ebay also.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=dimebag+x2&_sacat=See-All-Categories

These were the final version of the Dimebag Darrell X2 Warhead amps from Randall. They were to be used on his next Pantera tour at the time, but the band broke up and Damage Plan was formed. This led to Dimebag and Randall parting ways, and him going to Krank.
I designed this amp for Dimebag during my time working with Randall. One is an early preproduction sample, before they were actually built for stores. The other is the actual very first prototype that was taken to Dimebag's house and tweaked/played with him. You will notice the original prototype has "rev 1.00", and a date of 10-20-03, which was well before this amp was ever ready to be produced. The later prototype looks much different internally, has a "rev 1.01" as well as a later date inside. You will also notice that the original prototype has all red LED's around the knobs, where the later version has the added green and yellow LED's for the "Dime settings". This is because the original was for Dimebag to play and tweak, so his settings were not in place yet.

There is a disclaimer that goes along with these amps. There is no head box for these, since they are prototypes. They are just the metal amp chassis and obviously the circuits. There is no warranty from Randall or Egnater. I will supply all the schematics for the amps though, so that you can have a tech work on them if you ever need that. I make no guarantees other than the authenticity of these amps, and that they will function properly when they arrive to you. I'm assuming there will be questions about these amps, so ask away and I will do my best to answer everything and can supply any necessary pictures.

These amps are not going to go for what a normal X2 goes for especially the original prototype. Not interested in trades of any sort. Willing to sell them separately, so let me know if you are interested in just one of them.

Thanks

You can contact me at [email protected]

New listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-prototype-Dimebag-Darrell-Randall-Warhead-X2-heads-/320724401096?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaca9fbc8