Done with You Now (Global Jam Video)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt6MpfYWLPk

2 months in the making, this features our very own MattFig on the chorus vocals! His performance gives me shivers (the good kind, lol)
The rhythm guitas and the last lead at 2:53 are primarily based on the Salvation Camerock- I love the articulate growl it delivers.

Thanks! That's an Ibanez 5 string Soundgear from 2001. At the time I hated most Ibby Basses- even that particular model, lol. But when I found this one it just 'spoke to me'. I actually used the Eleven Rack on this track, they have an Ampeg sound that is decent. I have a full Mesa/Ampeg stack with mics and a KPA, but the 11R sounds good and was ready to roll.

During the verses, you can hear a lot of clicky clicks on the bass- I did a 2nd track where I unplugged the bass and put a mic up on it to get that percussive sound in the mix. It seems to only work well for me on bass lines similar to what I played: driving grooves. I did that trick once years ago and it worked great on this track.

Have to admit, I've now watched this video numerous times! Great job guys. When is the rest of the cd going to be ready?
Matt...something really cool about your voice!

Thanks all for watching!
JD: I agree, MattFig delivered a Grammy-esque performance on this one, just oozes coolness and aggression
This was a 'one-off' internet jam, so I'm not sure if we'll see a full length disc anytime soon :cry: I'm sure there will be more jams in the future with the usual suspects though :D

Thanks fellas. My part was the easiest of all though...I just sang a couple lines...Ray did all the heavy lifting, planning and execution...

I don't pimp my own stuff too regularly here, but since it's relevant.... 8)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mattfig2
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/mattfig

My site is getting a total overhaul and will be a few more months. The new CD is coming out very nicely and using a lot of cool amps and modules (as well as plenty of video documentation)....Things will start popping back up in a few weeks. I have a couple fun things in store for everybody!

^I don't wait for as many new releases as I used to, but I have huge anticipation for new FIG!

My 2 year old loves our video and mimics your moves during the chorus, especially the 2nd chorus. We have a tune we sing together and now she's moving like a little Figster. :lol:

crankyrayhanky said:
^I don't wait for as many new releases as I used to, but I have huge anticipation for new FIG!

My 2 year old loves our video and mimics your moves during the chorus, especially the 2nd chorus. We have a tune we sing together and now she's moving like a little Figster. :lol:
'

Thanks Ray...I have another promo vid (Salvado Deluxe) coming and it will feature another new song.

As for your daughter, hilarious! Her moves will evolve in time...Unlike mine...

ricknasty1985 said:
Figggggg you remind me of Chris Cornell's Soundgarden days!

Who is the guy with the sg... Guys got class

Good work guys!

Thanks rick! Quite a kind thing to say.