Effects for rm50/rm100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I was wondering what i can use for an effects processor. I was lookin at line 6 pod pro's but they seem to be more focused on amp modeling than anything else, And i am quite happy with my amp as it is....
any suggestions?
Im on a $200 budget
-matt page-

I'll assume you want stomp-type effects plan to run it in the loop. I have great results with a Line 6 M13 and my other guitarist uses and M9. You don't want a POD series unit, as you want just the effects and not the preamp modeling.

Other good options would be the Boss Dual pedals (the bigger ones that are double the width). These work fine in the line level loops.

yep, the Boss dual pedals will be fine in the loop. I'm using CE-20 in mine.

If you want multiFX, you could look at a secondhand Gmajor, Intellifex or something like a Digitech Studio Quad4. Should be within your budget and work in the loop.

check out the Digitech Reverb pedal- I never like Digitech, but this one has a lexicon chip and sounds really good- and it works with the rm loop

Mattfig said:
Those digitech hardwires are a huge step up for them...i did not Even want to try 1 let alone use one but they are very good in build and tone
That entire line of pedals is fantastic. I have had quite a few through the years and would never hesitate to buy another.

How does the hardwire reverb pedal compare to the boss rv-5?
-mp-
Btw mr figg i tried running the rv-5 through the parallel loop and all i got was a huge amount of noise and thats it

zepplin490 said:

I think it's far superior to the Rv-5, so far it's been able to handle anything I've thrown at it, including the hot signal from an fx loop, without any issues or noise.

Alright, now I'm a little confused...Is the built-in reverb on the RM50s producing a line level signal???? I told Mr. Page that his Boss pedal could function as a replacement for the built in...Perhaps I underestimated the built-in tank...

Those hardwire pedals just don't look like they have boutique mojo because they look like they are from the future or like a transformer but they are that good that dave Friedman was really impressed by them and Steve Morse has two on his board.

zepplin490 said:
I thought it was far better. It's more natural and musical, the RV-5 was always too "metallic" for me.

Matty: The loops are at the same level, so the RV-5 is going to be overwhelmed in either.

those Hardwire pedals have massive headroom so the loop on your Randall won't be any problem for them. I've heard nothing but good things about them and was seriously jonesing for the DL8 before I grabbed my Flashback.

Speaking of - the TC Electronic Toneprint pedals will work too. Super versatile and the Toneprint function is very sexy. My only complaint - the ducking won't work properly in the loop because the Randall send is so hot. But all the rest of the delays are totally functional and sound great.

Not that you were after a delay, but there's a toneprint reverb too.

So i i were to grab a hardwire reverb pedal which loop would i run it through? I like the idea behind running it through the parallel loop and being able to use the knob to mix it in at whatever level i want..
-mp-

you could run it in either loop. But it would work fine in the parallel loop. Just run the pedal completely wet, since you'll be controlling the mix with the amp.

I tried the Flashback in my RM50 series loop and it clipped like crazy -- could not use it.

VitaminG said:
works fine in my RM100 (apart from the ducking). Are you running your modules wide open? My channel volumes tend to be around 12 o'clock

Yeah, I keep the masters at about noon on the modules.