Effects Loop Question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratomaster

Reaction score
I was playing with my effects loops and noticed a whole new dimension of tone, I plugged to the parallel loop and turned up the effects level and wow it really brought another side of the amp.
Has anybody else tried? now im just bridging the loop with just a patch cable without the effect.

I have heard about doing this with other amps with great results. I think the extra tube theory is definitely a big factor. Let us know what you find.

Lots of people use that with just a EQ in the chain... Sometimes I like running to effects then straight to the mixer for a totally raw sound that I like sometimes. I don't know if anyone else does that though... Try like 100% wet reverb or delay straight to the board.

BigBrewtus said:
I have heard about doing this with other amps with great results. I think the extra tube theory is definitely a big factor. Let us know what you find.
I jammed all night on this simple adjustment- HOLY HELL, it adds fire & life! I nominate wakeguitar for the MTS Forum Hall of Fame!

crankyrayhanky said:
BigBrewtus said:
I jammed all night on this simple adjustment- HOLY HELL, it adds fire & life! I nominate wakeguitar for the MTS Forum Hall of Fame!
Hear Ye!! Hear Ye!! All hail WAKEGUITAR N :wink:STRATOMASTER

Dumb question, but what does bump mean? Does it just keep it at the top of the list as in a new post to read so it's more visible?

TBag, just take a patch cable and plug both ends into the Send/Return of the Parallel Loop. Turn Effects knob to 10 and off you go! I gave it a shot after reading this thread and it really made my day. To hear the difference just roll back the Effects knob from 0 to 10. Not only does it add volume, it really opens the whole amp up. That extra preamp tube is like a life-hack for these already badass amps!

sweet dude! cheers

I tried, but its late here so can only play softly but at the moment can only hear a volume boost, but i can slightly hear a brighter sound but that could be the volume boost also. I'll try tomorrow when i can krank it up!!!

Hmmm? I call placebo.

Yes you would get a volume boost but parallel loop? You might be hearing some phasing issues. Or maybe more volume just sounds better? Wait, more volume always sound better.

The tube is to buffer the loop; a buffer usually brightens the sound? louder + brighter = better sound?

Ahhh? I still call placebo.

I'm getting significant increase in pinch harmonics & sustain
I'm trying to jostle the master to account for the volume difference when comparing...

Nice !!! everyone experience what i did. Fukin amazing isnt it?
Placebo? no way there is another dimension of tone going on here not just volume.