Egnater modules vs Mash all +

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extrageration

Reaction score
Looking to hear from folks that have compared the stock Egnater Marshall flavored modules (SL, SL2, SL2x) to Salvation's Mash all +.

Does the Mash all+ cover plexi to 900 series? If so, or not, which does it do well (best) and where might it fall short (if at all)?

Wondering if I'd be better served with with a dual Mash all + holding one spot as opposed to using two spots to hold an SL and an SL2.

Freeing up an extra space in my M4 would be a huge bonus if the Mash all + really delivers.

Extrageration said:
Looking to hear from folks that have compared the stock Egnater Marshall flavored modules (SL, SL2, SL2x) to Salvation's Mash all +.

Does the Mash all+ cover plexi to 900 series? If so, or not, which does it do well (best) and where might it fall short (if at all)?

Wondering if I'd be better served with with a dual Mash all + holding one spot as opposed to using two spots to hold an SL and an SL2.

Freeing up an extra space in my M4 would be a huge bonus if the Mash all + really delivers.

The Mashall + kicks serious butt. I can only compare it to an Egnater SL2, but for me it kicks it up a few notches in terms of tone quality. Lots of gain and voicing options and does them all well making it a one stop shop for any Marshall needs.

Mashall + is a HUGE step up for you. I liked the Jose and JCM800 tones best.
You should also look at the Jaded Faith '59RR Custom.
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/59rr-custom.html
Personally I think it's a better module all the way around.
Better clean and low gain Marshall tones and the high gains are tighter.
If you go with the Mashall + I'd request that a "Tight switch" be added.
The high gain tones are pretty mushy in the low end.
Best of luck!

Good feedback guys.

The 59RR Custom sounds really nice and the tighter bottom end is important to me ... wish Rob would make a dual version (the site says it's not available).

There's a Dual Mashall + for sale in the Classifieds, which is what has prompted my question. Tempting...

Extrageration said:
The 59RR Custom sounds really nice and the tighter bottom end is important to me ... wish Rob would make a dual version (the site says it's not available).

I can build you a dual channel, however we would need to discuss a few details. My 2/3 Stage switch that adds a gain stage is not compatible with dual modules (they are not truly dual channel at all, they simply use relays to split the signal at the gain and volume pots). I completely freaks them out in a BAD way. We would need to make it custom for you with your choice of the number of stages. Email to discuss if you're interested.

This is why this forum is so great... specific feedback from experienced users plus help from the modders themselves!

Greatly appreciated!

The MashAll+ is also heavy on the bass side of things. It had a heavy bass tone I couldn't dial out. I think its part of Anthony's circuit design, but I didn't like it much. The best tone on the module was the Jose 800, for my ears anyways. I'd actually like to get a Mashall+ back in my collection of mods.

I had a standard RR59' for a while and never bonded with it. I think its better suited for classic- soft rock more than anything else and I wasn't playing that kind of music.

I have a voodoo modded Plexi, and that nails the marshall tone in spades.

Hmmm....maybe that's the same "mushy bottom" Jace mentioned...

Personally, I'm not into mushy bottoms....though I know some guys who like em that way! :wink:

Extrageration said:
Hmmm....maybe that's the same "mushy bottom" Jace mentioned...

Personally, I'm not into mushy bottoms....though I know some guys who like em that way! :wink:
The low end can be pretty boomy if you are not careful. There is kind of an exaggerated push to it in a way. I didn't find it soft or mushy though and after spending some time with it I had the low end nice and full with a tight thump.

I preferred the MAshaldano to the MAshall for the 800/jose tones...the mashall was close,but it had a more piercing high end about it where the Mashaldano's was almost identical to the real 800 in terms of the smoothness....and the hybirid mode is very unique too,though Im not much fan of teh jvm of the mashll anyway,but that's just me......you can have a plexi mode put on one as well,someone actually did that on here.....